Did Hurricane Milton Have Help In Suddenly Becoming One Of The Most Powerful Storms In History?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
August 24, 1992 – Hurricane Andrew makes landfall on Homestead, just south of Miami, as a Category 5 hurricane with winds of 165 mph (265 km/h).[64] The winds destroy 25,524 homes and damage 101,241 others in southern Florida, leaving up to one-quarter million people temporarily homeless. In Homestead, more than 99% of all mobile homes are completely destroyed. Hurricane Andrew causes $25.5 billion in damage (1992 USD, $39.2 billion 2008 USD) in south Florida and 15 direct deaths. At the time, Andrew was the costliest North Atlantic hurricane in the history of the United States, though has since dropped to eighth after Hurricanes Katrina, Ike, Irma, Maria, Sandy, Ida and Harvey.[65][66]

Did Hurricane Milton Have Help In Suddenly Becoming One Of The Most Powerful Storms In History?​

October 7, 2024 by Michael

This normally doesn’t happen. During regular times, a hurricane is not supposed to go from Category 1 to Category 5 in less than a day. At this moment, the roads out of the Tampa Bay area are absolutely jammed with vehicles as local residents attempt to get out of the path of the coming storm. We literally just witnessed one of the most destructive hurricanes in U.S. history, and now we are being told that Hurricane Milton could also be one of the most destructive hurricanes in U.S. history. So what in the world is going on here?

When I woke up on Monday morning, I was shocked to learn that Hurricane Milton had developed into a Category 5 storm with sustained wins of 160 mph

But that wasn’t the end of it.
Just a few hours later, it was being reported that Hurricane Milton had sustained winds of 175 mph

Of course that wasn’t the peak either.
Just a little while ago, we were told that Hurricane Milton now had sustained winds of 180 mph

Come on now.
This isn’t supposed to happen.
Especially in October.
On Monday alone, the storm’s winds increased by 90 mph.
That is nuts!
One meteorologist was literally “on the verge of tears” as he discussed how powerful this storm was becoming…

A lot of people have been searching for “Category 6 hurricane” on Google, and USA Today published an entire article that speculated that a “hypothetical Category 6” could soon be added to the scale that we use to measure storms…

This is a “once in a century” storm, but of course we just witnessed a “once in a century” storm.
It is so difficult to project exactly where large hurricanes will go, but right now forecasters are telling us that Hurricane Milton is heading straight toward the Tampa Bay area

This is the kind of storm that can rip the roof right off a home and send trees hurtling through the air like missiles.
If Tampa takes a direct hit, the damage could be absolutely catastrophic.
According to one local meteorologist, this storm has the potential to be “the worst natural disaster in modern history for Florida”…

If you live in the Tampa Bay area, please leave.
At a press conference on Monday, one Florida official was literally begging people to evacuate

This storm was not supposed to become this powerful.
So what happened?
There are some people that are placing the blame on our changing climate, but others are pointing out that man-made tools can cause apocalyptic weather events as well.
For example, earlier this year “cloud-seeding” was being blamed for producing “the heaviest rain ever recorded” in the United Arab Emirates…

This technique has been used all over the world for decades, and in my opinion it should be completely banned.
According to CBS News, scientists have also been working on a way “to aim a high-energy laser beam into clouds to make it rain or trigger lightning”…

Ultimately, there are lots of ways that the weather can be manipulated.
At this stage, we just don’t know what has caused Hurricane Milton to experience “explosive” growth.
But what we do know is that this storm is extremely dangerous, and it is anticipated that it will make landfall some time on Wednesday

Needless to say, the Tampa Bay area is not the only area that is being threatened.
So far, a state of emergency has been imposed in 51 of Florida’s 67 counties by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis…

A lot of people will attempt to ride this storm out.

Some will survive, and others will not.

We have never had two storms of such destructive power hit us so close together.

But what we are going through now is nothing compared to what is coming.

As I have been warning for years, historic natural disasters are going to be happening one after another.

We set a record for “billion dollar disasters” last year, and I am sure that we will set another record this year.

This is our “new normal”, and things are only going to get even more crazy from this point forward.

https://endoftheamericandream.com/d...g-one-of-the-most-powerful-storms-in-history/
Gulfcoast resident here for over 50 years. The Gulf is a pump. The longer any storm hovers there...the worse it becomes.
It was a slow mover...8mph.

The people that claimed 'most powerful storm' are saying that they have data that wind speeds reached 200mph 'at one time'.
The most I ever saw was 185mph.
Can't believe I would have missed it making 200. :rolleyes:
(still think they need a Category 6).

Latest posts

Back