Dogs ...all about dogs only

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iu

Learn situational awareness from your dog. When I take my dog out for a walk she checks out everything and gives a good smell check before leaving the front door. She continues to sniff and keeps her head on a swivel. When she squats to do her business her head is always on a swivel. When she finishes she gets off the X.

Learn situational awareness from your dog. When I take my dog out for a walk she checks out everything and gives a good smell check before leaving the front door. She continues to sniff and keeps her head on a swivel. When she squats to do her business her head is always on a swivel. When she finishes she gets off the X.
Great post!! My Doberman was way more situationally aware than Bear is. She was all eyes, ears and nose, especially going into a store. She would stop just inside the door and take it all in before proceeding! And she could really pick up on my vibes! Bear takes it all in, but in a much more laid back kinda way!! It's neat watching how dogs (all animals) react to the world!!

Here's one you will have to picture that happened a couple of days ago. Our oldest (& the king, I wish that I had that much power around here) understands that our youngest is a puppy. So he treats her kindly & even will open the door to our bedroom for her (it sticks). Anyway he had been out sunning himself & got hot so he wanted in. Our youngest had a chew stick & was chewing it right in front of the doggie door (blocking the way). He walked up stood there looking at her, she stopped chewing & looked at him. Ten seconds passed, then 15 seconds, so he leans in & puts his nose right beside her neck. Then he flicks his head into her & rolled her all the way over on her back & walked in. I guess her privileged days as a puppy in his eyes are about over.

Here's one you will have to picture that happened a couple of days ago. Our oldest (& the king, I wish that I had that much power around here) understands that our youngest is a puppy. So he treats her kindly & even will open the door to our bedroom for her (it sticks). Anyway he had been out sunning himself & got hot so he wanted in. Our youngest had a chew stick & was chewing it right in front of the doggie door (blocking the way). He walked up stood there looking at her, she stopped chewing & looked at him. Ten seconds passed, then 15 seconds, so he leans in & puts his nose right beside her neck. Then he flicks his head into her & rolled her all the way over on her back & walked in. I guess her privileged days as a puppy in his eyes are about over.
Hey, he gave her a chance to move, lol!!

This boy Rottweiler was to a friend he did trust me anough
for me to take his dog ...cuz he was never coming back out
He did cry much to loose his dog..I often sent him photos
I kept MAX until his last breath ..
bone cancer on his last year at 9 years old 🥺😢
I had to let him know I was going to veterinian
Max had to be euthanise to stop suffering
He did thank me for the years I kept and loved him
When I took Max I had to take training courses to make him become a good boy
Here Max He was listening very well after 6 months behaving & obedience training
He is buried at my place
R.I.P Max
1725222748842.png

I really did appreciated that boy and he was a very good guardian
1725305653968.png

Last edited:
Started to take a nap! Bear decided to join me on the couch! He started out on the opposite end, turned around and wedged in behind me! Not too long after that he literally pushed me off the couch!!😮 Needless to say, he is no longer on the couch and I will try napping once again! I have some weird animals!!🐕‍🦺🫏🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱

Late last night doge wanted to either be fed or let outside, probably to check the grounds. I gave her a treat instead. I had fed kitty some treats and a little bit of canned food which would mean time to feed doge too (in dog’s opinion and experience). Back to mom’s room.
It is raining this morning and doge wanted me to get up and get moving. She doesn’t usually ask but is patient. She walked up to the door and saw it was raining and walked away. I fussed at her and got her back over by the door, kept my hand on her back, opened the door, and told her to go on. She stepped out, I shut the door and she just stood there looking at the door because she will not go potty in the rain. She doesn’t mess in the house EVER. It could rain all day, she will not go out.
Sometimes I can get the umbrella and stand over her with that and she’ll go. 🧐 There have been times where I get her out in the pouring rain and she would rather stand there in the rain, getting wet, than go, even after holding it for long periods of time.
Does anyone else have a dog that refuses to go outside when there’s rain?

Dane Girl dont go do her business in the rain if its pouring rains
she does stare at me like * Are you crazy* and she goes back laying on her bed

But I usually see when rain is coming before it starts and then
let her go out and tell her : Go PEEEEEEE and 90% of the time she goes and do it 🥰
Then I tell her ...Come back ..come back home ...and she come back trotting up in the house

Dane Girl dont go do her business in the rain if its pouring rains
she does stare at me like * Are you crazy* and she goes back laying on her bed

But I usually see when rain is coming before it starts and then
let her go out and tell her : Go PEEEEEEE and 90% of the time she goes and do it 🥰
Then I tell her ...Come back ..come back home ...and she come back trotting up in the house
I always tell her too * Oh that is a good girl * in a loving voice and
I do hugs her and kiss her in her forehead
and she does wags her tail . She knows I adore her

Back