"DRY DROWNING"...........New to me Term.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
(CNN) — Initial autopsies of four of the seven victims who died when a superyacht sank in a storm in Italy last month show they died of “dry drowning,” according to authorities.

The phenomenon, also known as “atypical drowning,” means they had no water in their lungs, tracheas or stomachs, said a spokesperson for the lawyer of the captain of the Bayesian, which went down off the coast of the Sicilian port of Porticello on August 19.

There is no medically accepted “dry drowning” condition — “dry drowning” or other terms such as secondary drowning or delayed drowning are sometimes used to describe patients whose condition worsened after a drowning rescue or who had very little water in the lungs. However, the American Red Cross and other health organizations have recommended against using the terms; people may experience health impacts after being in water but it’s not the same as drowning, it says.

I am not a doctor or EMT but, like many of us I suspect, it seemed too coincidental that this rich guy and his family and friends on an "unsinkable" mega yacht died shortly after he was found not guilty. But the Captain survived? When I first heard of the incident I suspected something similar to being "Clintoned".
What did he know, who was also guilty but not yet ratted on, and who was in line to inherit stuff?

Back