Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something else doesn't add up...

"Consumers are cutting down on lavish foods, and non-essential spending as essential bills and food are rising weekly. These companies are trying to conserve as much cash and profits as possible, as the economy still hasn't bounced back from the COVID-19 pandemic."

So when did CHICKEN become a lavish food??

Since the mother WEFers told them we should eat bugs and worms instead of meat!

As a side note, I think I mentioned this, but several weeks ago, there was a big hen theft spree a few towns over.

We must all take the necessary steps to secure our animals now folks! Don’t make the mistake of thinking that you won’t be targeted. Everyone with small, valuable animals are already a target!

I actually tried some of the plant based meat out of curiosity. I would compare the market for it to the market for the Chevy Bolt. They really want to drive a Tesla, but they can't afford it (a healthy vegan diet is very expensive) so they buy what they can afford.
Nobody will honestly like it, but some might fool themselves into thinking they like it because they are "saving the planet."
Kind of like why many people claim to like kale (but to be fair, I will assume some people actually do like munching on stainless steel scouring pads.)

I actually tried some of the plant based meat out of curiosity. I would compare the market for it to the market for the Chevy Bolt. They really want to drive a Tesla, but they can't afford it (a healthy vegan diet is very expensive) so they buy what they can afford.
Nobody will honestly like it, but some might fool themselves into thinking they like it because they are "saving the planet."
Kind of like why many people claim to like kale (but to be fair, I will assume some people actually do like munching on stainless steel scouring pads.)
I... I love kale. 🤣
Lettuce is just too wimpy and slimy for me.

FYI: My wife and daughter love kale, so I was just joshing about it. (But I do honestly think I'd rather eat Johnson grass)
Most other greens I am fine with. I sometimes just have a spinach salad for lunch. I love spring mix. I even like iceberg lettuce (both my mother and my daughter would look at me funny when I said that)
I have been known to order a portabella mushroom sandwich because it sounded more appetizing that any of the other sandwiches on the menu.

FYI: My wife and daughter love kale, so I was just joshing about it. (But I do honestly think I'd rather eat Johnson grass)
Most other greens I am fine with. I sometimes just have a spinach salad for lunch. I love spring mix. I even like iceberg lettuce (both my mother and my daughter would look at me funny when I said that)
I have been known to order a portabella mushroom sandwich because it sounded more appetizing that any of the other sandwiches on the menu.
I powder kale and my daughter and SIL use it in their smoothies. I use it in the dog supplements.

I really wish we didn't have so much Spam. Seems like everytime we go Hunny grabs a couple more. . . :oops: I may just be very happy at one point.
Last I looked it has a 5 year shelf life

I really wish we didn't have so much Spam. Seems like everytime we go Hunny grabs a couple more. . . :oops: I may just be very happy at one point.
For quite awhile I couldn't find any flavors of Spam except plain. Still can't. They blame it on the China flu. So I've been smoking the plain Spam and it comes out really good.

Latest posts

Back