Friday Fives

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm jumping in and doing Friday Fives!! I was hoping Lenny would do a second set, but I'll keep the ball rolling!! I'm at work 🫢 and these are spur of the moment: 1) What color are your eyes? 2) Is your second toe longer than your big toe? 3) What do you eat for breakfast? 4) What time do you normally get up in the morning? 5) Are you liking or disliking the time change coming next month?.

1.) Blue

2.) No

3.) It is a rotation with variations of each: Eggs, Cereal, Oatmeal.

4.) On average between 5:00 and 7:00

5.) Now that I am retired, I don't care. Overall I would say dislike. I don't see a need to change.

Thanks for pinch hitting. These are always fun.

1) What color are your eyes? Blue

2) Is your second toe longer than your big toe? No

3) What do you eat for breakfast? Coffee

4) What time do you normally get up in the morning? around 5 AM

5) Are you liking or disliking the time change coming next month?. Dislike

I'm jumping in and doing Friday Fives!! I was hoping Lenny would do a second set, but I'll keep the ball rolling!! I'm at work 🫢 and these are spur of the moment: 1) What color are your eyes? 2) Is your second toe longer than your big toe? 3) What do you eat for breakfast? 4) What time do you normally get up in the morning? 5) Are you liking or disliking the time change coming next month?.
Oh crap! I have five picked out but was busy.

Anyway:
1) Brown
2) No
3) Leftovers from supper
4) 5:00 or 6:00
5) Dislike. Leave the darn clock alone!

1. Brown
2. No
3. Usually nothing unless there's a cookie
4. When I have to. School days for little granddaughter 6:15. On my own more like 7 am, husband's IV antibiotic schedule could make me get up lots earlier.
5. Don't like it. Evidentally, neither did my great grandma. She would keep two clocks, and call one old time and one new time.

1. Brown
2. If I don't cut my toenails, yes.
3. Beer.
4. 10:15
5. Don't care, only takes me 1 day to adjust. Can't change the time on my "heart watch" without getting the wife to use the app on her phone. :(
You go into 'Settings' on it, a watch, and "Set Time" = <Not Found> :mad:.
...It will finally be right again, with the time change.:rolleyes:

1) What color are your eyes? Greeny brown
2) Is your second toe longer than your big toe? :) I'm almost afraid to answer in case it means something! But no
3) What do you eat for breakfast? Dont do breakfast- just coffee
4) What time do you normally get up in the morning? Awake at 7, up at 7.20 - husband brings me coffee !
5) Are you liking or disliking the time change coming next month?. I like it- it slows people down a bit

1) Have you ever seen a ghost? --- No, but I've heard them.
2) Have you ever witnessed anything a ghost has move around? --- yes
3) How many countries have you been to? Here in the US, Japan, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Vietnam and Mexico.
4) What is the highest altitude you've been to? (Not in a plane) --- About 11,000 feet in New Mexico
5) How many states have you been to? --- 43.
I have a few minutes waiting on oven to get hotter for next bread so here we go:

1. I think so ( see ghost post)
2. no
3. lets see US, Germany, Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, India, Morroco ( as a kid with my parents) , Spain, Italy, France, Belgium, Luxemburg, Ireland ( just this year) , Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Monaco, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Uk ( including Scotland) , hmmm, probably fogetting something but not sure
4. Probably either Mount Princeton or Pikes Peak in Colorado ( over 14000 but would have to look up exact)
5. all except Alaska and Hawaii

wait, why is there 2?> LOL or did I miss 2 weeks?

1. green and brown ( not hazel) 2. had to look , no 3. no breakfast usually 4. when it gets light out, except market days then before
5. I dislike it both ways, wished they would just leave it one way or another

1. Brown
2. If I don't cut my toenails, yes.
3. Beer.
4. 10:15
5. Don't care, only takes me 1 day to adjust. Can't change the time on my "heart watch" without getting the wife to use the app on her phone. :(
You go into 'Settings' on it, a watch, and "Set Time" = <Not Found> :mad:.
...It will finally be right again, with the time change.:rolleyes:
ewwwww on # 2!!! LOL

Mount Marcy - 5,343 feet. It's in the Adirondacks.
We actually FAILED to hike up that crappy little mountain! It was raining, we had already hiked up Katahdin in Maine, and hiked on Mount Washington in New Hampshire, and we decided halfway up the hike was boring and tedious and turned back around LOL
We usually made it to the summit of most mountains ( other fail was Watzman in Germany, it started to sleet and hail half about half mile from the summit and this was climbing so we turned around there also)

wait, why is there 2?> LOL or did I miss 2 weeks?

1. green and brown ( not hazel) 2. had to look , no 3. no breakfast usually 4. when it gets light out, except market days then before
5. I dislike it both ways, wished they would just leave it one way or another
Weird story!! I asked Lenny on Saturday if he would volunteer, and he did, on Saturday. So for punishment (lol🤣) I told him he had to do this week too! I didn't see him around this morning, so I jumped in (🤔🙄)! Lenny had questions but was late (or I was early, maybe anxious, 😃)! So Lenny is doing next week's questions, unless he gets tired of me screwing things up, lol!! Buttercup Kid did last Friday's!!

Okay, I know this is early, but otherwise it would be late! I apologize if any of these are repeats. Here we go:
1)What is your personal anthem or quote?
Not all who wander are lost. J. R. R. Tolkien
2)What is your favorite memory with your family when you were a child?
Spending time in the Great Smoky Mountains with my Grandparents
3)When was the last time you climbed a tree?
Years ago
4)Where or what is your personal heaven or place to be?
On top of a mountain, or along side a creek
5) Are you afraid to die?
Not, ill get to meet my Heavenly Father

1) Have you ever seen a ghost? --- No, but I've heard them.
2) Have you ever witnessed anything a ghost has move around? --- yes
3) How many countries have you been to? Here in the US, Japan, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Vietnam and Mexico.
4) What is the highest altitude you've been to? (Not in a plane) --- About 11,000 feet in New Mexico
5) How many states have you been to? --- 43.
No
No
Over 9000 New Mexico

Brown
No
Generally nothing. If I do it might be eggs, oatmeal, cereal, pancakes, or fruit
430 if I'm workin, when I wake up otherwise
I hate it, should benleft as is right now

1. Blue
2.No
3.Hard boiled egg, yogurt, coffee
4. 0730 hours
5. Dislike immensely

Latest posts

Back