Friday Fives

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disclaimer: I did not search back through all 1,404 posts to ensure these are not repeats. Roll with it and enjoy.

1. Think of a politician or celebrity you despise. What is one positive thing about them? I mean it, has to be positive and redeeming. No back handed compliments.
Jimmy Carter, terrible and heavily controlled President. Has done a lot of work for years helping poor folks get housing.

2. Name one anti-bucket list item. Something you experienced, possibly as a bucket list item, but in the end didn’t care for at all and never want to do again.
Not a bucket list item, but never would try again. Water sking

3. Imagine you opened a food truck in the area in which you reside. What type of cuisine would you sell and what would your specialty dish be?
Mexican, burritos

4. What is your most controversial belief? Something that goes against the mainstream, maybe even the mainstream thinking of this very forum.
Public hangings for murder, rape, treason, probably a few others. But you get the drift. I think if they were made public, many thugs would take a second though if they knew they would do "The Twist" if caught.

5. You are required to change you first name, but you get to select a new one. What would your new first name be?
Fred......Fred Fudpucker

These are tough questions for sure.
1. I don't like many politicians, and only like a few entertainers. I did not like Obama at all. His redistribution of wealth policy that he was open about ticked me off. A positive? He is charismatic and used the word hope alot and it gave people hope.
2. Antibucket list. Hiking in high places....the top of a peak, the Taos gorge..Hate heights, never again.
3. Greek food because there's none here. Souvlaki, baklava, giro
4. Controversial belief: Tech. Making us stupid, lazy, will get us in the end
5. Maybe my grandma's name: Lydiann

1. Michelle Obama. Not a fan. But when she was the first "lady" she tried to improve school lunches by reducing the volume of corn syrup and highly processed foods being fed to children. The food industry who supplies cheap fake foods to schools, nursing homes, hospitals, etc. lost their minds and got their conservative puppets to fight it. They even convinced people that she was trying to starve their children with fake pics of school lunches if her plan was implemented. Michelle was 100% right and the politicians from both parties who fought her chose money over what was best for the children of this country.

2. Parachuting. I was thinking about Airborne so I went parachuting to try it out. It was not horrible, but it was not fun either. The whole appeal of it was lost on me. Repelling from a Helo is fun, parachuting is not.

3. I would have a smoked BBQ / Mexican fusion food truck and my specialty would be smoked pork carnitas nachos with spicy (corn) elote, smoked jalapenos, and chihuahua queso cheese. This is one of my favorite things to cook and it's fantastic. Made up the recipe myself and have never seen it anywhere else.

4. I hear and read all the time about how we are in the biblical end days. Even my pops is convinced we are. I don't believe it for a second and historically it seems like every generation going back 2000+ years was thoroughly convinced that they were living in the days of the great tribulations. I personally believe we are an exceptionally long way away from that, the history of today will be long forgotten before Christ returns.

5. I don't hate my first name, but growing up I did. I just wanted a normal everyday first name like all my buddies had. I have always liked the name Marcus. Wouldn't sound good with my last name though.

1. AOC ... she actually believes what she says.
2. Moving to California. Other than the geography and weather, it was an awful experience.
3. A food truck ... exquisitely prepared Italian fare.
4. I firmly believe in extraterrestrials, and that they have been here for thousands and thousands of years.
5. James. I like the way it sounds, and I've known many (incl. my father) who I admired greatly.

1. Michelle Obama. Not a fan. But when she was the first "lady" she tried to improve school lunches by reducing the volume of corn syrup and highly processed foods being fed to children. The food industry who supplies cheap fake foods to schools, nursing homes, hospitals, etc. lost their minds and got their conservative puppets to fight it. They even convinced people that she was trying to starve their children with fake pics of school lunches if her plan was implemented. Michelle was 100% right and the politicians from both parties who fought her chose money over what was best for the children of this country.

2. Parachuting. I was thinking about Airborne so I went parachuting to try it out. It was not horrible, but it was not fun either. The whole appeal of it was lost on me. Repelling from a Helo is fun, parachuting is not.

3. I would have a smoked BBQ / Mexican fusion food truck and my specialty would be smoked pork carnitas nachos with spicy (corn) elote, smoked jalapenos, and chihuahua queso cheese. This is one of my favorite things to cook and it's fantastic. Made up the recipe myself and have never seen it anywhere else.

4. I hear and read all the time about how we are in the biblical end days. Even my pops is convinced we are. I don't believe it for a second and historically it seems like every generation going back 2000+ years was thoroughly convinced that they were living in the days of the great tribulations. I personally believe we are an exceptionally long way away from that, the history of today will be long forgotten before Christ returns.

5. I don't hate my first name, but growing up I did. I just wanted a normal everyday first name like all my buddies had. I have always liked the name Marcus. Wouldn't sound good with my last name though.
Yeah, "d" isn't the best of first names! 🤣

You need to bring that food truck here. I would thoroughly enjoy that.

Back