Hashbuilt

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fire in the hole!

IMG_3873.jpeg
IMG_3874.jpeg

Of course it’s a Monza. 🤣🤣🤣
I had a 77 Skyhawk, Buick brother to the Monza. Had a Buick V-6 I built, w a 5 speed and no mustang ever saw anything but tail lights! Had a low profile blower so everything stayed under the hood.
It was fun until some idiot rear ended me and totalled it out 😿😿
Nice ride, give you $100.00, 😂 😂 😂

I had a 77 Skyhawk, Buick brother to the Monza. Had a Buick V-6 I built, w a 5 speed and no mustang ever saw anything but tail lights! Had a low profile blower so everything stayed under the hood.
It was fun until some idiot rear ended me and totalled it out 😿😿
Nice ride, give you $100.00, 😂 😂 😂
You fit right in here simpleman!! So glad you joined us!!😉

@hashbrown
Stick built roof? Surprised not to see trusses. If anyone is to be believed trusses save so much time and hassle it's not funny... I don't agree though, there's an art to building a roof and it can't be duplicated with trusses. When I build I would like to build it stick... more room inside when it's done.
In looking at the trusses made around here and hearing what a friend, who's worked around lumber mills told me about seeing trusses full of bug borers and knots, seems to me it would be better to chose your own clear lumber and make a much stronger rafter system. Since we built our home the cost and quality of lumber have really gone bad. The lumber mills here in S.W. Oregon can't even handle large diameter logs anymore, so #1 lumber looks scary, if it's not all nailed up quickly it starts looking like an airplane propeller. In looking at what Hashbrown is putting together, his quality of lumber and work done are outstanding, sorry I can't say the same for a lot of homes being built in our area, I can't imagine seeing what kinds of shrinkage is going on in fancy homes built with green, soaking wet lumber.

Latest posts

Back