College Football Smack Talk

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Bama, be nice and let the 2nd-string have a chance to play :( ....🤣.
...It appears that Bama has done that.
It's actually a little cruel, because all of those hours the opposite team spent watching training films, go flying right out the window. :(

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been swapping channels. Watching some of ND vs Tx Am (pretty good game) and Mich vs Fresno st which about what you'd expect but not a blow out. Mich isn't putting big points on the board.

Furman beat Ole Miss 7-2 in 1924, playing in Greenville, SC (where Furman is located). Furman was the SoCon conference champions last year and went 10-3 overall. (7-1 in the conference)

So yesterday they had a grudge match in Oxford, 100 years later.
At half time it was 52-0.
The Ole Miss bench warmers won the second half 24-0 bringing the score to 76-0.

Hoddy Toddy, Y'All! 😁

Last edited:
I was out of town visiting my daughter, so I missed everything. Didn't even see any scores until Monday. In most of the early games our teams are playing cream puffs, so you expect the lopsided scores. Were there any surprises? Miami/Florida must have been good. Did I see correctly Clemson and Florida State both lost?

I was out of town visiting my daughter, so I missed everything. Didn't even see any scores until Monday. In most of the early games our teams are playing cream puffs, so you expect the lopsided scores. Were there any surprises? Miami/Florida must have been good. Did I see correctly Clemson and Florida State both lost?

The Miami/FL game wasn't that good, they were pretty much dominated in all phases, more lopsided than the score reflected.

Clemson played GA, loss was expected. Ga is very good again this year. I was happy Fl St lost, maybe now the fans will turn down the volume on that stupid song. It sounds silly when they're getting their butts kicked. The Ms st cow bells are annoying. The Flst song is downright irritating. At times I can't hear the actual game. I tune in to enjoy a game, not listen to them sing. Football is played on Saturdays, choir practice is on tuesday nights. Guess the fans aren't bright enough to realize where they're at. 🤣

Last edited:
We have Buffalo. I don't know a thing about them, but I wouldn't expect much of a challenge.

BP, you guys will have a game. The talking heads said NC State was unimpressive last week, but both teams are ranked

No Bama game for us DirectTV watchers!!! :mad:
I'm not gonna do them the courtesy of posting a pic of their static screen about their contract expiring with Disney and thanking customers for their patience while they 'negotiate'.
You are failing to provide the product that people paid for, YOUR FAILURE, not Disney's!:waiting:

Last edited:
This is the only time of year I miss ESPN and the SEC Network. I am limited to Lame Stream Media,

Is Texas that good, or was Michigan overrated? I was channel surfing between that and Arkansas/Oklahoma State. Arkansas was great the first half. The second half their evil twins showed up. It still went into double overtime before OKS won.

Our games are on later tonight.

I thought UT was on SEC network tonight. I was Livid, till I found out they are on ABC. Tight game in 2nd quarter.

MIchigan looked way over rated to me. No offence at all.
Notre Dame got beat YEAHHHHHHHHHH
South Carolina beat Kentucky down. They had no offence either. More sacks than completeions
Nebraska is beating down Colorado. Deion don't look happy and his son aint blowing it up like everyone thought

Bama looks really bad. The offense wasn't ready to play this game, not prepared. Especially the Oline, one guy has 4 holding calls against him. If not committing penalties they are blowing assignments. The defense is the only reason we are up 14-13 at the end of the third. :(

I'm watching UT annihilate NC State. State can't get out of their own way.

Has anybody seen a Missouri score?

Looks like Notre Dame was the only shocker this week. All of the other favorites won. Did I miss any other surprises?

Surprised no one had posted here today. Bama won big on the road. A&M beat Florida down, Ole Miss won, State got beat. LSU won a squeaker over South Carolina at the end. Biggest surprise Ga won 13-12 over Ky, and didn't take the lead until 4th quarter.
UT struggled to a 71-0 win over Kent State. Had 65-0 at halftime. Starting QB came out early 2nd quarter, 5 ended up playing. We've got Oklahoma next week in Norman. They beat Tulane today in a decent game.

I watched the Ga game, thought they were going to lose it. They looked really bad, think the players believed it be a cake walk. They were discombobulated when ky hit them in the chops. They finally put together a couple drives, looked sloppy doing that. Felt bad for Ky, those kids played their hearts out.

Doesn't bode well for bama. Ga has a by week then comes to tuskaloosa. They'll be ready to play with something to prove. :(

Surprised no one had posted here today. Bama won big on the road. A&M beat Florida down, Ole Miss won, State got beat. LSU won a squeaker over South Carolina at the end. Biggest surprise Ga won 13-12 over Ky, and didn't take the lead until 4th quarter.
UT struggled to a 71-0 win over Kent State. Had 65-0 at halftime. Starting QB came out early 2nd quarter, 5 ended up playing. We've got Oklahoma next week in Norman. They beat Tulane today in a decent game.
I did get to watch the Bama game because Fox carried it instead of ESPN, that DirectTV is having a urination contest with.:mad:
Good game.:thumbs:

The Georgia game was a shocker. How could Kentucky lose so badly to South Carolina, and then give Georgia all they wanted? I think Kirby Smart hit the nail on the head after the game. He said the players have been reading too much of their own press, and they think they are invinceable. He also pointed out how tough the conference is, especially on the road. In the past few seasons they almost lost to Missouri. They almost lost to Auburn, Both on the road, but they manage to find another gear and pull it out. I don't know if they have come back to the pack, or if this will be their wake-up call. We will see.

Alabama looked good. I thought Wisconsin would have been tougher. Tennessee's season will start next week. They haven't had a real test yet, but outscoring your opponents 191-10 in the first three games is pretty impressive. Big step up against Oklahoma.

Missouri pulled out a tough win over Boston College. BC was ranked, but I think Mizzou wasn't taking them seriously. Finally, they woke up.

Texas was impressive again. Not that it wasn't expected, but with a back up QB. Arch Manning looks ready for the job. We will see what happens if he has to face a tough opponent.

It is early, but for bragging rights six of the top ten ranked schools are from the SEC. First time that has ever happened .

Well, I got it half right... Ga does have a by-week before coming to tuskaloosa on 28sept. But so does Bama, we're off next week also. Makes me feel a bit better about the game.

I've watched the wisconsin game again... Usually if a team makes a mistake the other team gets a big play. Not so with bama... they scored when Wis made mistakes. Not big mistakes either, little things like a player out of position, or gets his assignment wrong. Boom!

The rest of the time Bama was just average, nothing special. But when a mistake happens, score! If Ga plays mistake free it's gonna be ugly.

Latest posts

Back