Hi from west coast Canada

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Binky

New Friend
Neighbor
Hello everybody.

I registered a couple of days ago after being tipped off about this place by a forum friend and have been reading around the forum to get a feel for the "atmosphere" here. I sure like what I see.

Very happy to see a few familiar names from some other homesteading and prepper forums that I've been a member of over the years and am looking forward to getting to know everyone else that's here.

Just a little bit about myself - I'm a widow (hubby died 20 years ago), late 70's, and have been a rural dwelling homesteader and prepper all my life. My kids and their families are spread around the province. I was born and raised by WW2 veteran parents who were also life-long homesteaders on acreage on the central northwest coast of British Columbia (not too far from the Alaska panhandle) and I've lived in many other homesteading places in BC since then. I've been living in rural / agricultural areas in southwest coastal BC for 35 years now and my current residence is in the foothills of the Pacific Coast Range mountains around 30 miles from the ocean as the crow flies.

I no longer keep any livestock or pets since my vitality and stamina levels have gradually waned somewhat in my advancing senior years. But I'm living in a zone 9-9b microclimate gardening zone and I'm still a very, very avid gardener, herbalist and naturalist so I keep busy with my outdoor gardening, landscaping and foraging projects on a daily basis.

Well, I'll leave it at that for now, just want to say hi and thanks so much for having me. 😊

Welcome from Alaska! Very nice introduction and I look forward to learning from your adventures!

Welcome from New York (nowhere near Alaska)!

Hello from a bit east of the Rockies. Somewhat familiar with your part of the world, the north coast is pretty amazing

Latest posts

Back