What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been swamped for the past several days. Hi friends!

A dear friend of mine sent me a couple quarts of hickory nuts. They are delicious! They don’t grow here, as far as I know. Hard to crack, though. I poked around YT a bit and found someone who used a clamp … might have to see if we’ve got one that’ll work.

Today is putting up some tomato soup, and doing some laundry, and maybe getting the rest of the summer veggies pulled. It’s supposed to hit the 30s for the lows this weekend.

This was from last week but someone gave me a newspaper today. The American Legion and VFW merged into one building. I'm a member of both. I'm in the picture, towards the middle, in front.

1729186252500.png

Last edited:
Not what I'm doing, but what I did... :rolleyes:

This morning I took an extra bag of trash out to the can that was already by the street for pickup. I saw my neighbors garage and gates were open so I started walking over to say "hi." As I got to the edge of my yard, they pulled out in a car. So I'm kind of standing there on the sidewalk like Freddy Kruger as they rolled past. Not knowing what to do I looked at a plant like that was why I was there.

Then I went back inside, but the cat got out. She's not allowed in the outer yard, so I'm trying to corral the cat, stooping over to scoop her up, and she beats me every time. So I'm walking around the yard half bent over like Igor trying to catch the cat - and the neighbors returned for something.

So now I'm worried they think I'm completly crazed and off my rocker, so I walked over to the parked car to explain. Meanwhile he had run into the house, and she was texting on her cell. Not knowing what else to do I stood by the window, waiting like a zombie clown for her to roll down the window so I could explain that they really didn't need to get a restraining order...

She saw me and rolled the window down and he returned and I explained things. We had a laugh and they went on their way.

So now I'm going back to bed, I'll try life again tomorrow... ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back