In Memory of our Friends who are No Longer With Us

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why, but I am in a zone since seeing that my classmate's memorial was this past weekend and after learning that someone else that I knew and thought was a very cool guy from my hometown passed away. The guy that just passed, came from a family of 13 children. I spent lots of time in their house as a young adult. Parents are both deceased and not one of them lives there in hometown now. Here is a crazy thing: one of the brothers found out about his death on Facebook! Really crazy IMHO.

When my brother passed away last year, I tried to contact another (estranged) brother. Eventually contacted his daughter on FB. She told me he had passed away 2 years prior. Evidently they didn't think the rest of the family needed to know.

Around the same time I found out another brother (the wanderer) was last heard from when he was in the hospital with his Bp fluctuating wildly. He hasn't contacted the one gal he always stayed in touch with since. Don't know if he is still alive or not. No one knows what hospital or state he was in at the time. I've tried those obituary search things and came up empty handed. There doesn't seem to be any addresses or phone numbers for him in the last few years either. So we just don't know what happened to him. It's an odd feeling not knowing.

So in the blink of an eye I went from having 7 brothers to having 3. One passed a long time ago. If it weren't for FB I wouldn't have known
about the other two brothers.

Latest posts

Back