Current Pulse of HCL--counts, and other data

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I hope this won't be annoying, but more of a journal or diary about the state of the forum. If it bothers you, you can scroll on by.

Now I know I am not Rain Man, or even close, and I know that other people find it unusual when I say things like, "There are 14 dogs here at the dog park now."

I am a counter, and everyday I check in to see how many members there are who have registered. I sometimes do it in the morning and later in the day. It is a weird thing I do, going back to when I used to do headcounts at school--how many students are there here, how many on the playground, coming back from somewhere. It also tells me the health or pulse of the forum. I used to do this same thing elsewhere, and sometimes the counts were abysmal.

Today, at this time, there are 141 registered members. That includes the administrator, Angie, whom I think has two registrations. If there is anything else that throws the numbers off, please advise me.

From what I see, there are 31 active threads today.

If there is anything else that reads the pulse, please add it in. If there is anything else ever, please enter it. If I am missing in action, as I have been today due to the internet being down in my area, and you are interested please enter it!

Nothing wrong with keeping count and monitoring the metrics.

By my calculations 97.87% of the current members are not spies or trolls. :D

I hope this won't be annoying, but more of a journal or diary about the state of the forum. If it bothers you, you can scroll on by.

Now I know I am not Rain Man, or even close, and I know that other people find it unusual when I say things like, "There are 14 dogs here at the dog park now."

I am a counter, and everyday I check in to see how many members there are who have registered. I sometimes do it in the morning and later in the day. It is a weird thing I do, going back to when I used to do headcounts at school--how many students are there here, how many on the playground, coming back from somewhere. It also tells me the health or pulse of the forum. I used to do this same thing elsewhere, and sometimes the counts were abysmal.

Today, at this time, there are 141 registered members. That includes the administrator, Angie, whom I think has two registrations. If there is anything else that throws the numbers off, please advise me.

From what I see, there are 31 active threads today.

If there is anything else that reads the pulse, please add it in. If there is anything else ever, please enter it. If I am missing in action, as I have been today due to the internet being down in my area, and you are interested please enter it!
Even God keeps track and tallys thing's out. He even wrote a book about it. Numbers!

I like accurate stats, as long as I don't have to collect them. Number can lie but in most cases it is the person collecting the numbers that creates the lies. keep the number coming I enjoy them.

Well who are the 2.13% suspects? :cop::popcorn:

Oh I can't name names. But believe me, they are under surveillance.
jumelles.gif

Good stats and good info. A former site , not to be mentioned continues to have more robots than members on site. Posting average 3 to 4 a day. Earlier today there wee 3 members present and 8 robots. I think Terminator day is headed their way. The robots are going to take over the site. :LOL:

Good stats and good info. A former site , not to be mentioned continues to have more robots than members on site. Posting average 3 to 4 a day. Earlier today there wee 3 members present and 8 robots. I think
Terminator day is headed their way. The robots are going to take over the site. :LOL:

I will be curious how that plays out. Anyone who has submitted any worthy files should copy and share here.

The active thread count is also going down. I could monitor that also, but I won't.

Anyone who has submitted any worthy files should copy and share here.

I just finished doing that tonight. I had almost 400 threads I had started and it's taken some time to get through it all

I've been going back and copying links and bookmarking them. If there was no link I copied things into a word doc. Now if that place closes up shop I have all the info I contributed where I can find it. :)

I just finished doing that tonight. I had almost 400 threads I had started and it's taken some time to get through it all

I've been going back and copying links and bookmarking them. If there was no link I copied things into a word doc. Now if that place closes up shop I have all the info I contributed where I can find it. :)

Thats great,

Wish I could do that,

I got good pics over there,

I can't even set up another account there.

Jim

Thats great,

Wish I could do that,

I got good pics over there,

I can't even set up another account there.

Jim

I couldn't do anything with pics. They were all reduced to thumbnail size and when I tried to see them full size I got an error message.

"You must log in or sign up to do that"

There were some I would have liked to get and I still might. ;)

Now I have to ask the question, why have a captcha (I am Not a Robot) and then have more robots on site than members? The next question if the bot (robots) can get past the captcha, why list that. fact? That does not compute. If the bots can beat your test, stop using the test, counter productive and wastes my time and serves no purpose. JM2C

Now I have to ask the question, why have a captcha (I am Not a Robot) and then have more robots on site than members? The next question if the bot (robots) can get past the captcha, why list that. fact? That does not compute. If the bots can beat your test, stop using the test, counter productive and wastes my time and serves no purpose. JM2C

Im not 100% on the computer bot thing as im not 100% on computers but from what I know about bots. For example we all know Google. Google sends out bots (web crawlers) or whatever you want to call them. The bots will go through the (say things one) web site and collect all the info on it. Then (bot) will go back to Google and say this is what I found. Google will then categorize (determin how important) it 8s and put it away for the time being.

So then TMT will do a internet search on Google and ask "why have a captcha" and Google ( if your lucky) will say Tmt asked this question in this forum. And some flight guy tried to answer it but should have given the wiki link instead of typing it out on his phone lol. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_bot

Well the Bots a still winning at the dying site. No member on line and 12 bots. No new posts today and only about 3 posts yesterday. New and wonderful site (HCL) members outnumber the bots and about 30 some new posts. It always amazes me when supervisors, managers or a techadmin forgets who the real customers are and then pee in the pool. It should not take much longer for the few remaining folks over there to start looking for the missing members. That is my update, for statistical information, return for an update by Weedygarden.

I really appreciate reading the progression here. Poor Angie has been working 16-20 hour days here, fine tuning it to fit the needs of the members. We all owe her a huge chunk of gratitude for this!

So True. Thank You so much Angie, and a big Thanks to all who had a Hand in this Wonderful Forum where our Family and Friends can gather and Share with one another.

Latest posts

Back