Current Pulse of HCL--counts, and other data

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems that we are in a bit of a lull, at the moment.:dunno:

I know that with the warmer weather we are having , I been out doing more STUFF, projects.

That is not uncommon,
But I am still trying to attract new members to chat with us.

I got a new one coming anytime now...MuleCJ8,
Yall help me welcome him when he shows up,

Tell all your online friends.:callyou:

Thanks to everyone here for being such good friends.

Jim
I am willing to contact old friends who haven't found their way yet.

Angie and the rest,
Thank you all for providing a fun and friendly environment upon which we can learn and teach survival skills and knowledge.

I haven't done an update here in a while, and today's update is going to be a little different. Am I the only one who has noticed how much quieter it has gotten here? I don't want to leave anyone out, but we are down a few administrators and it was their contributions to keep new topics and conversations going. (Sentry, Phideaux, Venom Jockey, who else?) I have seen this kind of thing go on in other forums before. I am not sure that I have the solution to this, but maybe some of you do? I have several topics that I have considered starting new threads about, and I will some of them, but just wanted to mention it on this thread about the current pulse of our forum.

I haven't done an update here in a while, and today's update is going to be a little different. Am I the only one who has noticed how much quieter it has gotten here? I don't want to leave anyone out, but we are down a few administrators and it was their contributions to keep new topics and conversations going. (Sentry, Phideaux, Venom Jockey, who else?) I have seen this kind of thing go on in other forums before. I am not sure that I have the solution to this, but maybe some of you do? I have several topics that I have considered starting new threads about, and I will some of them, but just wanted to mention it on this thread about the current pulse of our forum.
I don't follow all the topics here. I mainly am a firearms enthusiast, and the firearms threads have dried up almost completely. A couple members seemed to push the discussions forward and the rest of us haven't stepped up when they haven't been available. I guess it's time for the rest of us to get it together...

Whether or not I was favored by the forum remains to be seen, but I felt like I was making a lot of contributions to thread starts on the different forums. Then I stopped. If people don't feel like they like the direction things are going, they go away. Which made me feel like maybe I was one of the reasons people were going away. So I shut up sometimes. I've never been privately reprimanded or messaged by admins or mods but that doesn't mean they wouldn't like to. (weak laughter here).
You, Weedy, were gone all summer, I think. You were missed! Venom Jockey likes some of the same music I like, I miss him and hope he's feeling well enough to come back soon.
I read stuff but don't make comments if I'm not experienced unless I have questions. I wish I would ask questions more often, even if answers are well gee everybody knows this but you, Patch, or just based on personal preferences (you know, regarding things like food storage, canning, patching a roof, favorite ammo, how to cure various illnesses, etc).

My passion is plant medicine. My eye sight is so poor I don't trust myself to properly id some plants. So I haven't posted in natural medicine in some time.

I post in the Q thread, I find it interesting. But the farm, natural world is on my back burner until I can see... surgery next Thursday... fingers crossed.:)

I don't think there's any need foe anyone to explain why they don't post. I apologize if that's how my message came across. I simply meant that when those who have been the catalysts for discussion, aren't able to continue doing so, we should step up where we can, as much as we are comfortable doing so. If for any reason we can't, it is ok. For my part, since Phideaux and Sentry have not been able to be as active here as before, and they seemed to be drive the firearms threads, I will try to start a few firearms discussions soon.

And MoBook, you are absolutely correct, life does get in the way sometimes. It's natural.

I visit everyday. But, I'm not a thread starter. I sometimes have questions about a subject started, yet before I can ask, a member has already covered it, and I think that's great.
It does seem like online forums have slowed, but none I'm on have become ghost forums, yet. Long time members still want to genuinely help people out and enjoy the involvement within the community.
Sometimes keeping a forum small and well organized is a plus for members, especially new members. Too many categories and sections makes a forum look like a ghost town when it's actually not.

...I am a counter, and everyday I check in to see how many members there are who have registered...

I lean towards statistics too.

One web site I maintain for a group changed from a one page with the basic info to a multi-layer pages with pictures, videos, everything a inquiring mind would what to know about the group "hits" on their web site skyrocketed. A few years later when the group went Facebook the "hits" on their website noticeably dropped. I found that interesting.

Whether or not I was favored by the forum remains to be seen, but I felt like I was making a lot of contributions to thread starts on the different forums. Then I stopped. If people don't feel like they like the direction things are going, they go away. Which made me feel like maybe I was one of the reasons people were going away. So I shut up sometimes. I've never been privately reprimanded or messaged by admins or mods but that doesn't mean they wouldn't like to. (weak laughter here).
You, Weedy, were gone all summer, I think. You were missed! Venom Jockey likes some of the same music I like, I miss him and hope he's feeling well enough to come back soon.
I read stuff but don't make comments if I'm not experienced unless I have questions. I wish I would ask questions more often, even if answers are well gee everybody knows this but you, Patch, or just based on personal preferences (you know, regarding things like food storage, canning, patching a roof, favorite ammo, how to cure various illnesses, etc).
Patchouli, I check in every day. I check for birthdays everyday. I maybe missed over Memorial Day and maybe a day or two, but otherwise I have been here. Maybe we are just on different threads.

Patchouli, it looks like I never got back to your request. It would have been great to have an end of the year count. It is a distracting time of year for many, including me. I do have a current member count: 325 members with Lily 816 being the newest member.

Latest posts

Back