Just because it "SUCKS" and is Unfair, your job is to deal with it.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
Pay attention to your "personal" reality. Don't pretend it is invalid or inconsistent with your expectations. "FIX-IT".

Pay attention to your "personal" reality. Don't pretend it is invalid or inconsistent with your expectations. "FIX-IT".
I'm sorry, I got nothing to fix. :(
Found out years ago that having plenty of money solves most/all problems.
I fixed that decades ago. :)
I'm not getting fat, and only health problems are just typical aging stuff.
I brag too much already about having my cataracts removed and cyborg lenses installed. Eyesight will be perfect until I die.
Sorry for the shameless bragging, but I did make an important point in line 3.;)

Last edited:

That sounds like something you might hear at one of those motivational seminars. Nobody has any clue what it means or how to apply it. But they stand up and cheer for it anyway.

I think this one means "Try to improve your situation". Did I get it right? If so, I agree!

I had a son in law once that was constantly complaining about the management in the mill he was working at. I told him if he didn't like the way things were being run, then work hard and maybe after a few years he might get a management position. Of course like most whinners he just wanted complain. Never did want to try and understand, or to just shut up and do his job.

I had a son in law once that was constantly complaining about the management in the mill he was working at. I told him if he didn't like the way things were being run, then work hard and maybe after a few years he might get a management position. Of course like most whinners he just wanted complain. Never did want to try and understand, or to just shut up and do his job.
Or better yet, get a better job. :)
When I graduated with a degree in Diesel and Heavy Equipment Mechanics, 2 years of school taught me 1 thing: I don't want a damthing to do with heavy equipment!:mad:
Started by working on 18-wheelers, then switched to garbage trucks, that actually paid better.
We vacationed in the Caribbean for a week each of the next 6 years.
Then I discovered the field of working on electric/electronic/computer-controlled equipment was where the megabux were, and I never looked back.:)
They not only needed guys that could fix things, they needed brilliant guys that could troubleshoot complicated control systems.
They guarded us lead-techs like heart-surgeons, and jacked our pay up yearly to prevent the competition from luring us away.
It's nice to be loved!:huggs:

Back