Prime Day Essential MEDICAL GEAR – Stock up NOW

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good video for reminders and good prices too. I never even thought of a TENS unit. I'm putting one of those in my cart and I'll wait until Prime days are over. Later the prices will go down and then I'll buy it. I could use it on my back and hubby could use it on his hip. For the price, if it offers relief then great....if not, no big deal.

ive used a TENS unit for a couple years for back pain, they are great. one thing--the stick pon pads you need for it--it is good to get some extr, you can maybe reuse 1 more time--a but you can get a gel in a tube to spread on the used ones and get many more uses out of the pads. can really be helpful. the TENS is really a great help in many ways.

i have something like this but there are other brands
https://www.amazon.com/ReaJoy-Conductive-Extend-Depleted-Electrode/dp/B0C8J66RGX/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2VOTWJY2TL1QY&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.1PGjxAoQPH7caay7nstMLRUpmBC5ucbjB7wdnKYDJNwLTU_MmU4TUZ8oZtb3y_Z2Bm0mJAEipiMZUb8cX3uNSrZTXD7xuhqHq4oAGCarFDyDTZ4allMfQ4-edZFk2lXddxMW9K1rCkH_65OFafdkOsNXbTUc-wbVsxAxaB7vskAHMYyXb0-DCgbojxADTNFb0T89aOqwrXkdhui70iIc8Byycsn77-_DSFzAgAJot9bWtEIeyIXMYEwa4F1Y0Mc3Di3oWGVRZdJ69-YGT0CEX3zx0Ld-4iD292bJIY7xPcA.hCplYWYvL9X8FVVlr9ii3V_WwsRQbIi1osPRBry9IZg&dib_tag=se&keywords=TENs+unit+++pads+adhesive&qid=1728524040&sprefix=tens+unit+++pads+adhesive,aps,180&sr=8-3

Last edited:
Does anyone here have something like a 'Master list' of emergency medical items to buy?

I also wonder about stockpiling pain relief such as morphine, Have others thought about this? I know that there must be overseas pharmacies that will sell it but I'm a little afraid to take a chance. However, I've been the recipient of some pretty bad pain so I don't believe that any medical kit is complete without it. I just haven't seen anyone talking about it or if anyone found a solution?

As expected, the regular prices came back down to normal several days after "Prime Day". I got the TENS unit I had my eye on for the "prime' price. For $20, I figured I couldn't go wrong. I also bought some gel that looks like the stuff we used at the hospital back in the day. It was a large tube for $6. If interested in the gel, just search spectra 360 gel on Amazon.

Does anyone here have something like a 'Master list' of emergency medical items to buy?
There are lists out there, but I don't have one. I have a huge medical cabinet, a medical go bag, and many medical items. As a nurse, my med supplies are extensive. I label my cabinet shelves, totes, and bags b/c it's hard to keep track of it all.

I also wonder about stockpiling pain relief such as morphine, Have others thought about this? I know that there must be overseas pharmacies that will sell it but I'm a little afraid to take a chance. However, I've been the recipient of some pretty bad pain so I don't believe that any medical kit is complete without it. I just haven't seen anyone talking about it or if anyone found a solution?
I stock meds. I don't have morphine or demerol b/c I don't have an Rx for them. I have some oral meds that were prescribed after procedures that I didn't use. I also have some CBD products that work amazingly well for me. I don't do pot, but the CBD products are great for pain. There are many modalities that can work for pain control, such as heat, cold, massage, repositioning, anti-inflammatory diet, etc. For sciatic pain, I use an inversion table, back support brace, CBD lotion and/or gummies, low back exercises, and will try the TENS unit as well.

There are all kinds of pain ranging from chronic to acute. They get treated differently. The trick is to determine which one is likely to affect you and figure out how to manage it. For most of us, we will likely eventually have to deal with arthritic pain along with muscular discomforts. Those pains can be debilitating and greatly affect activities of daily living. When the activitiy level goes down, the weight generally tends to move up, making this a vicious cycle. There is no ONE solution for everyone so it's important to try different things to see what works best for you.

Latest posts

Back