Knitting & Crochet 2024

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally finished the top I posted above, and made two new cowls also over the weekend. Yesterday couldn't get into the project I had planned, so I made a felted picture instead.
1722928886403.JPEG

My wife knits and crochets.
She goes over to the Atlantic Ocean side of our county where the rich folks live and shops the thrift stores.
She finds amazing yarn there, cheap.
She just came home with 30 or 40 skeins that in total cost her less than 20 dollars.
And she’ll hold one up and tell me what it is, brand name, what country it’s from, retail price, etc. And then another. I have no clue, but she gets real excited!!

We watch no TV, the average evening is us sitting in the living room, me with a book, her with her crochet, four old dogs laying peacefully, dead quiet in the country. It is paradise!!

For a year now she has been crocheting lap robes for veterans in the VA and in assisted living.

The Lord has truly blessed me with a wonderful wife.

It sounds like your wife and I would get along fine :)
She’s 77 and still rides her horse.
When she was a young single mom with three little boys she drove 18 wheelers for a living.
She’s great!! Just the kind of woman an old soldier needs.

I know without a doubt that God led us to each other.

(Can you tell I’m still in love after 35 years?)

Nice work!! I like how the vest is the color of faded denim. The felted picture is neat looking. I’ve never done anything like that but I’d like to.
Years ago I bought a felting machine with a work bonus- and have yet to take it out of the box. My plan was to make bigger items- saw a woman at a show making wonderful jackets.
I did think of selling it, as I usually just hand felt in front of the tv with the foam and single needle.Its a pretty cheap hobby really. Stab wool, not people :)

I'm down to a countable amount of wool finally! A small crate and a bags worth. these are two cowls I'm finishing now. Green is one skein of Donegal yarn and the other is merino dk, I bought on sale form a handdyer up north 'Ewe Momma' ; its so soft. The pattern was free

1724160476669.png
1724160443460.png

Latest posts

Back