LA165 Fuse Holder

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mml373

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
OK, so as promised in a separate post on this awful riding mower... Here are the pictures of the fuse holder itself and the wire going to it (I pulled it out of the holder because there should be a second wire coming off the fuse holder, going somewhere (right?))

I have what appears to be a connector one side of the fuse, but cannot find any wire with a connector for the other side. Strange. I really don't want this mower to go to the shop for this kind of thing, so if anyone has a similar unit and can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.

1.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.1 MB
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.3 MB
I would agree with mountain trapper, it is prolly a spare circuit, the connector is a common GM type, so if you decide to add a circuit you can, Gently bend the tab around so that is looks about like the one closer to your thumb in picture 1 and you can push it into the back of the fuse holder, it should snap in and stay there, put the holder back in its hole first.

OK, then perhaps it isn't getting power to the ignition for another reason... I thought the fuse's purpose was as part of the ignition.

The starter circuit is much more complicated than just battery-to, key switch, to-solenoid.
On my JD LA125:
Brake switch not closed - no spin.
Mower engaged, lever switch not closed - no spin.
There is one more, but I can't remember what. :(
I think I mentioned in the other thread about my neighbor's JD not spinning, and I immediately went to his brake switch that had a bent lever.
He just tywraped it closed, problem solved.:thumbs:

Latest posts

Back