McGregor vs Mayweather is OFFICIAL

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
too bad we don't have anything like that in heavy weight,nothing interesting and colorful,nothing like Ali,Frasier,Liston....

The real shocker is the fact that only 3 or 4 years ago McGregor was collecting a welfare check and now he worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

The real shocker is the fact that only 3 or 4 years ago McGregor was collecting a welfare check and now he worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

I worked all my life, own everything I have though not in debt but it took a life time, now I'm wondering if I did everything wrong. I can see the new slogan 'get on welfare become a millionaire' does have a nice ring to it :)

On serious note, Connor earned his way up as mayweather and I do wish them both luck!

I worked all my life, own everything I have though not in debt but it took a life time, now I'm wondering if I did everything wrong. I can see the new slogan 'get on welfare become a millionaire' does have a nice ring to it :)

On serious note, Connor earned his way up as mayweather and I do wish them both luck!

I wasn't promoting the fact that he was on welfare nor am I an advocate of it. It's just a mere fact. This is a true rags to riches story...which has a lot to do with the intrigue. He was recently collecting unemployment checks in Ireland while living with his parents and pursuing an amateur fighting career. He was eventually discovered by Dana White...the rest is history.

I wasn't promoting the fact that he was on welfare nor am I an advocate of it. It's just a mere fact. This is a true rags to riches story...which has a lot to do with the intrigue. He was recently collecting unemployment checks in Ireland while living with his parents and pursuing an amateur fighting career. He was eventually discovered by Dana White...the rest is history.

My statement was being fictitious, I knew what you meant ;)

sad part is that people(zombies) will actually pay to watch this....

How are people zombies for paying to be entertained? Arguably the greatest boxer of all time...certainly of my generation is going to fight one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time.

A fighter like Conor Mcgregor hasn't come along since Muhammad Ali era.

Noone is forcing anyone to buy tickets but rest assure it's breaking world records as far as viewings are concerned.

Being a zombie has nothing to do with this wanting to watch this fight. People are bored. There is nothing REALLY exciting in the sports world as of lately....especially in the realm of combat sports.

Would you rather pay to watch a Nascar race or a Justin Beaver concert?

That's your right. Does that make you a zombie?

How are people zombies for paying to be entertained? Arguably the greatest boxer of all time...certainly of my generation is going to fight one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time.

A fighter like Conor Mcgregor hasn't come along since Muhammad Ali era.

Noone is forcing anyone to buy tickets but rest assure it's breaking world records as far as viewings are concerned.

Being a zombie has nothing to do with this wanting to watch this fight. People are bored. There is nothing REALLY exciting in the sports world as of lately....especially in the realm of combat sports.

Would you rather pay to watch a Nascar race or a Justin Beaver concert?

That's your right. Does that make you a zombie?

Sorry I don't watch nascar or go to highly over priced lip syncing concerts either......Zombies are what most people are these days....hooked to a phone, tv, couch or a lying media show.....the drama in boxing/mma is as ludicrous as the wwe now....The ( people are bored ) is exactly why these dog and pony shows happen....the ( Zombies ) are bored.....was never a fan of the draft dodging muslim, but he was a boxer....anyone can say they are a boxer, does not make it so....and connie is way down the list as one of the greatest martial artists of all time.....when he takes on all comers of any weight and fights several fights in a night then we can discuss it....he is not even in the top 100 of all time, he is in the top 10 on hype no doubt....seems he got choked out by someone who supposedly never had a chance.....and the second fight was more wwe than mma.....

Sorry I don't watch nascar or go to highly over priced lip syncing concerts either......Zombies are what most people are these days....hooked to a phone, tv, couch or a lying media show.....the drama in boxing/mma is as ludicrous as the wwe now....The ( people are bored ) is exactly why these dog and pony shows happen....the ( Zombies ) are bored.....was never a fan of the draft dodging muslim, but he was a boxer....anyone can say they are a boxer, does not make it so....and connie is way down the list as one of the greatest martial artists of all time.....when he takes on all comers of any weight and fights several fights in a night then we can discuss it....he is not even in the top 100 of all time, he is in the top 10 on hype no doubt....seems he got choked out by someone who supposedly never had a chance.....and the second fight was more wwe than mma.....

Oh...you're one of those types. I wonder what someone with your sophistication level does for entertainment..."dirt for life."

By the way "dirt for life"...if you think MMA or even boxing is the slightest bit similar to WWE...I'd love to see you get in the ring. Its all fun and games until someone gets punched in the face.

Oh...you're one of those types. I wonder what someone with your sophistication level does for entertainment..."dirt for life."

LOL....one thing is for sure, I do not have the time to live on internet forums like all the smart guy's like you do....you know so little of me yet you have to try and make insults to make yourself look smart...and yes Dirt is better than being a Zombie like you...

By the way "dirt for life"...if you think MMA or even boxing is the slightest bit similar to WWE...I'd love to see you get in the ring. Its all fun and games until someone gets punched in the face.

You should learn how to read and understand what people post.....you seem to have an issue in that regard....keep it up because it's funny.....Zombies typically are.....

LOL....one thing is for sure, I do not have the time to live on internet forums like all the smart guy's like you do....you know so little of me yet you have to try and make insults to make yourself look smart...and yes Dirt is better than being a Zombie like you...

I know enough about you to know you're a bone headed moron.

You should learn how to read and understand what people post.....you seem to have an issue in that regard....keep it up because it's funny.....Zombies typically are.....

Yeah Yeah Yeah everyone is a zombie who doesnt see the world from your narrow view point.

understandable,Mayweather may be 40,but he's experienced as hell and by the looks of his face,a pretty darn good fighter,he's not been the punching bag.

understandable,Mayweather may be 40,but he's experienced as hell and by the looks of his face,a pretty darn good fighter,he's not been the punching bag.

Yeah like him or not Mayweather is a living legend. His professional record is 49 and 0. Not only has he beat the best in the world but he has made them all look like amateurs.

He utilizes a highly unique and sophisticated defensive strategy unlike anything seen before. Watch the video above and see what I mean. Bare in mind he is fighting champions of the world and essentially giving them boxing lessons.

yeah I know that,,and this fight is being made for no other reason than to pad his wallet McGregor has no chance in the boxing ring with him

Yeah but even if there is a 1% chance...people want to see it. If by chance McGregor wins it would be the greatest upset in combat sports history.

Mayweather might have superhuman abilities but he still is human. He bleeds red like the rest of us. In a fight anything is possible.
go and watch that video you posted,the canelo alvarez fight was not that long ago,he's a trained
a champion in his sport and could do nothing with him,,,,that boy will be lucky to last 3 rds with Floyd

go and watch that video you posted,the canelo alvarez fight was not that long ago,he's a trained
a champion in his sport and could do nothing with him,,,,that boy will be lucky to last 3 rds with Floyd

You're probably right but there is still a chance. To be honest I'm even more excited to see the press conferences prior to fight. If there is anything McGregor is a master of...it's getting inside his opponents head. He is a highly intelligent fighter. I'm hoping for the upset however unlikely it is to be.

You're probably right but there is still a chance. To be honest I'm even more excited to see the press conferences prior to fight. If there is anything McGregor is a master of...it's getting inside his opponents head. He is a highly intelligent fighter. I'm hoping for the upset however unlikely it is to be.

as much as I don't like Floyd,and I would love to see him get his ass kicked,,,,Floyd set this up as a sideshow attraction and McGregor's mouth will not do him any good he's still going to look like a fool in the ring

as much as I don't like Floyd,and I would love to see him get his ass kicked,,,,Floyd set this up as a sideshow attraction and McGregor's mouth will not do him any good he's still going to look like a fool in the ring

Usually in all Mayweathers fights he is the clear alpha with his opponents being quietly intimidated. McGregor has a rare confidence. If you watch some of McGregors fights he was the underdog going in in many of them. This is how he got so big so quickly. He talks a big game but he backs it up.

One of the biggest ones was with him knocking Jose Aldo out in 48 seconds. Jose Aldo was reigning champion who defended his belt for a decade. McGregor comes out of nowhere and knocks him out...48 seconds.

Ghost you're probably right as it relates to this fight. Surely more people are siding with your take. This will be such a freakshow that anything can happen.

Everyone knows in a real street fight McGregor would absolutely destroy Mayweather in a blink of an eye.

McGregor is also in his prime. Mayweather is 40 years old and hasn't fought in 2 years.

McGregor is bigger, stronger and younger. Both McGregor and Mayweather have high fight iQ. Mayweather is faster and has home court advantage.

The biggest advantage goes to Mayweather...boxing match, boxing rules. Odds are stacked against McGregor because of this.

Imagine fighting someone who you know under normal circumstances you could annihilate but under rules that actually give them advantage to win.

Many people feel McGregors knockout punch against Aldo was a lucky one. For those of you who aren't familiar with MMA...this is what a McGregor opponent has to go through prior to fight.

There is no political correctness or invisible line not to be crossed. Anything goes with McGregor. Watch this vid to see what I mean.

Latest posts

Back