McGregor vs Mayweather is OFFICIAL

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it did go as I suspected,experience was the key in this bout.
so the saying ;never underestimate an old man in a profession where men usually die young,can be applied to this bout,
not that McGregor was bad,no he was good and had his moment in the early part of the bout,Mayweather was just to damn experienced for him.

it did go as I suspected,experience was the key in this bout.
so the saying ;never underestimate an old man in a profession where men usually die young,can be applied to this bout,
not that McGregor was bad,no he was good and had his moment in the early part of the bout,Mayweather was just to damn experienced for him.

There was a moment towards the beginning when we all thought...Mcgregor might actually pull this off...

Tell you this though...if McGregor would have been wearing his normal 4 Oz gloves as opposed to these pillow 8 Oz ones...Mayweather would have been pronounced on the scene.

Good fight.

Hell, for 100mill I would have let mayweather beat me to a pulp too! I'd say they were both winners. Can't believe I missed it! I am impressed that mcgreggor make it ten rounds. I would still like to see them do it again with kicking allowed....

Hell, for 100mill I would have let mayweather beat me to a pulp too! I'd say they were both winners. Can't believe I missed it! I am impressed that mcgreggor make it ten rounds. I would still like to see them do it again with kicking allowed....

giphy (3).gif

9Zbor3.gif

bones-head-kick.gif

giphy (4).gif

If they fought MMA rules...Mayweather wouldn't have lasted 10 seconds.

The next fight, for another 100mill, will change the fighting style rules. (I hope!)

HB9zBd.gif

Mayweather has already earned over one billion dollars boxing. He would never fight MMA rules. He knows he would be murdered in the octagon. His legacy is worth more than $100 million. Mayweather is officially retired now that he is 50 - 0.

But we can all dream can't we?

View attachment 7445

Mayweather has already earned over one billion dollars boxing. He would never fight MMA rules. He knows he would be murdered in the octagon. His legacy is worth more than $100 million. Mayweather is officially retired now that he is 50 - 0.

Hey, he was officially retired before too! I'm still dreaming.

View attachment 7445

How do you download these great live action clips?

Hey, he was officially retired before too! I'm still dreaming.

Now that he has broken the record and has officially reached his target goal of 50-0...I think he is really done this time.

Besides he only takes fights he knows he can win. He is 40 years old now...might as well be a senior citizen.

what I miss from boxing is someone truly great heavyweight champion,there hasn't been one for a very long time.

jones-photo.jpg

tumblr_otw11q0WX31r7vh24o1_500.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

jonchokemac_medium_medium_medium.gif

jon_jones_wins_the_chess_match_and_puts_lyoto_machida_to_sleep_at_ufc_.jpg

12_Jones_Machida_15.jpg

They exist but they're in MMA now, not boxing. The guy aboves name is Jon Jones. He is essentially a modern day mixed martial arts variant of Mike Tyson. This guy literally causes brain damage to his opponents.

Though he just popped for PEDs (performance enhancing drugs) after last fight and is likely to receive 4 year ban from the sport.

Boxing is pretty much dead after Mayweather. Most prime fighters/athletes are going the MMA route over boxing these days.

Last edited:
you know,I'm that old that I miss guys like Ali,Liston,Foreman and those golden oldies..
but the big money is in MMA,so it's understandable it is what it is.

you know,I'm that old that I miss guys like Ali,Liston,Foreman and those golden oldies..
but the big money is in MMA,so it's understandable it is what it is.

Those guys are before my time but I can still appreciate them. I grew up watching both mma as well as prime Mayweather & De La Hoya. Though I think my generation was the last to take interest in the tail end of boxing before MMA completely took over scene.

The young kids today have an even shorter attention span than my generation. Boxing is simply too slow a sport for them to take active interest.

Last edited:
well the fight is over it is done and ended just as I knew it would,,,,now if Floyd will just disappear for the rest of my life I will be happy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as for Mcgregor I don't care what he does

There was a moment towards the beginning when we all thought...Mcgregor might actually pull this off...

Tell you this though...if McGregor would have been wearing his normal 4 Oz gloves as opposed to these pillow 8 Oz ones...Mayweather would have been pronounced on the scene.

Good fight.

I have to reply to this video,,,,,,the guy talking is all MMA,,,you can bet your bottom dollar he will talk McGregor up,,,anyone who paid to watch this was a fool

I have to reply to this video,,,,,,the guy talking is all MMA,,,you can bet your bottom dollar he will talk McGregor up,,,anyone who paid to watch this was a fool

UhBwt7B.gif

mayweather-mcgregor-uppercut-boxing-1300.jpg

Manny Pacquiao, the man everyone said would beat Mayweather landed a mere 81 punches against him in 12 rounds. Conor McGregor landed 111 in 10. He also won the first 3 rounds...plus arguably the 4th. So he did far better than what "the experts" predicted.

At the end of the day this is entertainment. No one is forced to buy anything. In my opinion it was far more entertaining of a fight than many other Mayweather fights.

w
View attachment 7460

View attachment 7459

Manny Pacquiao, the man everyone said would beat Mayweather landed a mere 81 punches against him in 12 rounds. Conor McGregor landed 111 in 10. He also won the first 3 rounds...plus arguably the 4th. So he did far better than what "the experts" predicted.

At the end of the day this is entertainment. No one is forced to buy anything. In my opinion it was far more entertaining of a fight than many other Mayweather fights.
watching a replay right now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I read that mayweather got 100mill. Mcgreggor got 30 mil. Pretty good retirement for both guys.

I read that mayweather got 100mill. Mcgreggor got 30 mil. Pretty good retirement for both guys.

That's just base guarantee. After pay per view, gate sales and merchandising McGregor is said to clear 100 million and Mayweather as high as 350 million.

Though if I earned that kind of money...I wouldn't want the world to know about it like they do. Seems like a major liability if you ask me.

These are famous people already though, and known to be rich. The lady that just one the largest single powerball was insane to publicly announce it. I bet she has friends and relatives now that she never knew she had.

Latest posts

Back