Mole Crickets

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
So. Yesterday my husband showed me all these little dug up spots that have recently appeared all over our lawn. They looked like miniature mole hills.

It just so happened that our exterminator was due to come today, so hubs asked them what in the world that was. Turns out it is "mole crickets". Yikes! The lawn was covered with those little mounds and guess what. Those crickets attract raccoons and armadillos and they dig up the yard even more than the crickets do. Who knew?

I hate the idea of killing anything, but...........really......... those little mole hills aren't attractive and I don't even want to see armadillos and raccoons swarming the yard at night. I don't want to kill them either. But.....

So. Yesterday my husband showed me all these little dug up spots that have recently appeared all over our lawn. They looked like miniature mole hills.

It just so happened that our exterminator was due to come today, so hubs asked them what in the world that was. Turns out it is "mole crickets". Yikes! The lawn was covered with those little mounds and guess what. Those crickets attract raccoons and armadillos and they dig up the yard even more than the crickets do. Who knew?

I hate the idea of killing anything, but...........really......... those little mole hills aren't attractive and I don't even want to see armadillos and raccoons swarming the yard at night. I don't want to kill them either. But.....
Just kill them. They are bugs ruining your lawn. I don't know why some people get squeamish over killing a pest. I use poison bait stations and traps for mice, I use poison gas on gophers, keep traps out for chipmunks and shoot squirrels, chippers and rattlesnakes whenever I see them. It's almost a full time job keeping the pests under control here.

Latest posts

Back