My "Fetching the Mail" Ultra COVERT (read as hidden) Scabbard.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But, like me, you aren't in Alaska. ;)
Once upon a time......survivalism forums had discussions about how to carry a long gun covertly.....for those in between times when a long gun is a good thing to have.....but you may not want everyone to know you are carrying a long gun.

The smaller models (like the OP has chosen) are great for concealing a carbine.

Best way I know of to do that.....

For those that can imagine a time when that need might exist.....they had better prepare for that......and Eberlestock probably wont be taking orders when that time arrives.

The two I have are a Gunslinger II
The first one I bought just says "GUNRUNNER". The second one says "H2 GUNRUNNER". They look exactly the same other than the camo pattern. The fabric is slightly different also. But the size and features seem the exact same.

With both hips bone on bone, my heavy backpacking days are done. My next move will be to "The Alaska Pioneer Home". This body is fully used-up.

.....or perhaps just carry the pack in any situations in which carrying a guitar case would look odd.

MP5.jpg

Just hope nobody walks up when you're carrying it and says, "Awesome - Play me a tune!"

O.K. Not imagine the day hunter wants to "not" appear as a hunter. Said differently wants to be a "GRAYMAN" hunter. Hell, maybe the hunting season is not even open. Maybe he desires to appear to be a Land Surveyor, putting some shortened bright red tipped survey stakes, complete with red ribbon flowing sticking out of the scabbard.
I understand a bit better. It's going to have to be a smaller gun- I'd go with a takedown rifle of sorts (or at least a folding stock so the butt doesn't stick outa the top) anyways cause the scabbard bottom is a bit of a giveaway- many of the pdw type guns we discussed on that thread a while ago can fit in any pack.

I did my fair share of poaching in New England. I used a takedown airgun, folding bows, traps, small fishing rods and of course crossbows are illegal up there- so i can understand he want for concealment.

As far as not lookin' like a hunter went an oversized rain cover on the pack was basically the cats ass. I've literally talked to and walked right past law enforcement with meat/feathers in my pack and the weapons concealed just looked like a hiker. Once I paracorded a beaver to the outside of my pack and put a green rain poncho on and shortcut right down the side of the road. A driver stopped and asked me if I needed a ride but obviously had no idea there was a beaver on my back lol

Latest posts

Back