Pointless & Interesting Topical Maps

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_marsh

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
No, I didn't mean topographical. This isn't landnav training.

I come across these all the time, some are interesting, some are stupid, many contain suspect data. But every time I post them, they seem to bring out some good conversation, so I decided I would create a thread to discuss them just the same.

I am going to begin with a life expectancy map allegedly documenting the counties where people live past 80 years. It seems Southern food may take years off your life.

life.jpg

Canada shows "stable"? They're more divided than I've ever seen them...seems maybe they could be more green like the U.S.
The Canadian divide is more covert, and thus, now flys under the radar, there is a huge "go along to get along" bunch that kind of absorb the heat, maybe?
I find the heat map pretty far off, as far as what is really going on, but unless you have honest boots on the ground in each area it is next to impossible to get the truth as to what is happening.

No, I didn't mean topographical. This isn't landnav training.

I come across these all the time, some are interesting, some are stupid, many contain suspect data. But every time I post them, they seem to bring out some good conversation, so I decided I would create a thread to discuss them just the same.

I am going to begin with a life expectancy map allegedly documenting the counties where people live past 80 years. It seems Southern food may take years off your life.

View attachment 161843
I’m in the green zone and plan on living to be 103, then I’ll just wake up dead one morning 😉

Often I cannot figure out what these kinds of maps are saying. It must be me. Maybe I need to zoom in and search harder.
Me too. @d_marsh what's that map with the percentages? I'm only three sips into my coffee and it's not readily apparent what that means, yet.

Ooops!

It's the percentage of the current residents in those countries that have British blood / ancestry.
You mean like Canada and the USA...?!? ❓

last week i was watching a yt news show and they showed a image of a map labelsd as DUMBs in each state in us. he said they were underground mil base and how they are connected. everyone knows about the one under denver and col spring and figured there were just some mil bases but i had no idea how many. most west of the mississippi and what amazed me was how many in NM. CO, AZ, NV had a bunch but poor NM.
anyone ever seen that map? or if it was even real? they guys point was when things go to crap they are covered and the top siders are on their own

Latest posts

Back