What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appointment at the Heart Failure Clinic today. Got a good report on progress so far. Made 2 med changes. Both I expected. Go back in 2 weeks to see how thats going.
Gotta a lot of calls to make tomorrow to schedule more appointments with PT, rehab, and another Dr.
Moving forward!! Glad to hear good progress is being made 💗

Get some sleep first homeboy..best get home in one peice
We'll see. I just want to get home, but I'm not stupid about it like I was 10 years ago. After 14 years of working all over the country I'm used to all night drives home. If I get too tired I'll find a rest area or a truck stop and pull off for a couple hours.

Moving forward!! Glad to hear good progress is being made 💗
Yeah Every Dr and PT I've saw so far are happy with progress. Today encouraged me to be patient and give the drug therapy time to do it's thing. Thats hard for me to just not get much done, when I've got plenty to do.

You you all that can see the sky tonight..you might get a northern light show..cloudy here but the big cme from the x4 is ramping up
All of the conditions are right here but the moon is so bright it make s them hard to see

Kp almost at 8..if it wernt cloudy I could see them!
they are pretty faint, but there was a fairly big bunch, directly over head, and towards the south

Rough day yesterday on many levels....struggled to get a shower even...stumbled into bed......at least i didnt wake up naked as a jaybird wondering what the heck happened to me !

Last edited:
it did rain last night, still raining a little so we will have to clean up a dirty barn. Sheep are going to have to go out for a while and get wet. Goat will go into another barn section
I am still using up the last remaining bales from last year for feeding them so that' ok, I try to not start using this years hay until at least December but sometimes we have to open a bale earlier

House needs cleaning too and I really don't feel like it. Pearl!!!?? Want to come clean my house? I need help....daughter is coming to visit Thursday and husband will be going to the dentist and hair cut tomorrow so he will have no time to help

it did rain last night, still raining a little so we will have to clean up a dirty barn. Sheep are going to have to go out for a while and get wet. Goat will go into another barn section
I am still using up the last remaining bales from last year for feeding them so that' ok, I try to not start using this years hay until at least December but sometimes we have to open a bale earlier

House needs cleaning too and I really don't feel like it. Pearl!!!?? Want to come clean my house? I need help....daughter is coming to visit Thursday and husband will be going to the dentist and hair cut tomorrow so he will have no time to help
Yeah, I need a break from here! Probably won't make it by Thursday!😃💗

tripped on something in the house
and fell on the ground hard
Sisters! I tripped over an old root sticking up by the road, yesterday. Down on the road. Sigh
Bruised a rib of two on the left side and left wrist. Road rash on left arm and hand and both knees are bruised this morning. Rough sleeping, but I feel better this morning!

No walk today.
Taking DH to ENT doc this morning and then to Walmart for a few things.
Picking up a wicker love seat and chair from a friend after.
Will try to find Christmas ornament items as I want to make a few to take to IL in 2 weeks.

Sisters! I tripped over an old root sticking up by the road, yesterday. Down on the road. Sigh
Bruised a rib of two on the left side and left wrist. Road rash on left arm and hand and both knees are bruised this morning. Rough sleeping, but I feel better this morning!

No walk today.
Taking DH to ENT doc this morning and then to Walmart for a few things.
Picking up a wicker love seat and chair from a friend after.
Will try to find Christmas ornament items as I want to make a few to take to IL in 2 weeks.
We need to start a better trend here ladies..lol..

We need to start a better trend here ladies..lol..
We certainly do.
I also fell a few weeks ago.
Cracked my head, had I have someone check on cause I wouldn't go to ER to be checked out.
Now if you ask the Irishman, he'll tell you I fell head over heels for him after that fall.
Yep, fell in front of the Irishman.

Oh no! Well..I guess it's better than spontaneous projectile diarrhea or barfing..

What new and exciting trend could we manifest? That doesn't include falling?

I could go for super meaty and nice smelling men to give me spontaneous shoulder or foot rubs..and a wink..
Just outta the blue..they walk up, say hello, give a wink and a shoulder rub..then just leave me standing there like..wait..wait wait...lol..

I could go for that..

Oh no! Well..I guess it's better than spontaneous projectile diarrhea or barfing..

What new and exciting trend could we manifest? That doesn't include falling?

I could go for super meaty and nice smelling men to give me spontaneous shoulder or foot rubs..and a wink..
Just outta the blue..they walk up, say hello, give a wink and a shoulder rub..then just leave me standing there like..wait..wait wait...lol..

I could go for that..
What a tease. But yes I understand.
We would have fun regardless.

With the weather here at this time of year… work is slow.

I keep hearing there’s a shortage of police. It’s tempting to apply. Would they hire me? I figure it’s possible, but I would not work alone. Only as a ride-along. And then they’d have to furnish body armor, a service weapon with holster etc, and allow me to carry my own concealed weapons.

Dave and his son are working away on the kitchen flooring. I got all the necessaries out of the kitchen for the day so we could eat. Going to give husband lunch shortly, just got him all ready for the day. Animals done. Picked three buckets of tomatoes and peppers. We have to go into the bigger town after lunch for a doc appt. Today is the foot doc.

Cooked breakfast for Mom, fed Rupert Lil Shakes, took Rupert for a walk outside. Talking to my friends to figure out when they want to go eat. Birthday girl wants sushi. Ok, she wants to go a little after 4pm.

Had to play some music on youtube to get Rupert to settle down. He's on my lap now.

Made it home at 12:30. I had to pull off after 100 miles and sleep for 3 hours. Then the drive home was kind of slow, with lots of stops to get out and walk around, and go get rid of all the coffee I drank.

Found out that my niece is bringing out her new baby son for the first time this evening. My parents have 9 great grandkids and this is the first boy so everyone is excited. Her husband is from Nepal where they still have the caste system and apparently their tradition is if a man marries above his station in life, he takes his wife's last name. He is definitely marrying up, so this little boy gets to carry on the family name.

That's all that's going on today. I'm gonna go take a little nap. See y'all later!

Just so you all know the Irishman and I have been in and out of each other's lives for about 10 years.
His friend Nick in Kansas City, Missouri married my childhood and Army buddy Darcy about 10 years ago.
This was both of their second marriages.
We both stood up with them.
I thought he was immature.
He thought I was a stuffed shirt.
My how opinions have changed.
To Darcy's kids from her previous marriage I'm Aunt Jace.
We kept seeing each other at parties and Nick and Darcy's house.

Last edited:
Just so you all know the Irishman and I have been in and out of each other's lives for about 10 years.
His friend Nick in Kansas City, Missouri married my childhood and Army buddy Darcy about 10 years ago.
like someone once said...i cant stand you but kiss me quick before i change my mind...lol...more please !!

well i musta been in a deep sleep last night cause i remembering having a dream and my brain had to dig deep for it...me and my granny were picking apples and pears...i was getting some for my lunch off the tree before leaving to work.

memory time......i have my grandaddys old metal lunch box...he retired just as i got out of high school and was going to work so the box and thermos was handed off to me and my granny packed it full for me daily....i thought i was somebody back then carry his lunch box daily.

To Darcy's kids from her previous marriage I'm Aunt Jace.
We kept seeing each other at parties and Nick and Darcy's house.

At this rate Mo is going to have to start up thread for all the men in her life. She can call it "No 'Mo for him".

Latest posts

Back