Pointless & Interesting Topical Maps

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weirdest name of a town in each state.

map5.jpeg

I must have relatives from back east. I was raised on scrapple (Pennsylvania) and my wife's family eats creamed chip beef (Delaware). It is entirely likely my relatives came to fly over country via Pennsylvania, but I am not aware of any of my wife's family having been near Delaware.

I've heard livermush is just a version of scrapple...maybe the pork version? We made ours from beef, but we never put beef liver in it as far as I know. Liver was a cut of "meat" unto itself. :) It wasn't considered offal.

Gotta love boiled peanuts! I haven't had them in forever. It may be time to do that again.

[Edit: Oh, I just saw fried squirrel (West Virginia). I've had pan fried squirrel. Perfectly good protein.]

Okay, which one of y’all lives in Booker Hole, WV?

Oregon has a couple other good names like Greenhorn and Drain.

Don't knock a garbage plate 'til you've had one!

1727171590353.jpeg

That's two grilled hots on a bed of seasoned potatoes and mac salad smothered in meat sauce with chopped onions and mustard (French's, naturally, because it's from Rochester, too). There are dozens of variations from different restaurants.

Latest posts

Back