Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you plug a hairdryer into that outlet and drop it in that sink when the water is running....it needs a GFCI.
Yes. I don't think you are understanding what I am saying. It needs GFCI protection. But that does not have to be an individual GFCI outlet, as long as the non-GFCI outlet that it does have is protected by GFCI upstream in the circuit.

Around here, at least when our house was built, the requirement was to be on a GFCI protected circuit. Each individual outlet in the bathrooms or kitchen did not have to be GFCI itself, as long as it was protected by the GFCI circuit. Also, outdoor and garage outlets here have to be GFCI as well I believe. Ours are. But I guess that doesn't mean they HAVE to be, it only means that ours are. But I do believe that they are required to be GFCI, but not with 100% certainty.
Yes. Three outlets on our front porch are protected by the GFCI in one of them.
If any one of them trips it, they all go dead.
It works flawlessly.:(
Just ask any guy (like me) that puts up Christmas lights that get rained on :mad:.

Yes. I don't think you are understanding what I am saying. It needs GFCI protection. But that does not have to be an individual GFCI outlet, as long as the non-GFCI outlet that it does have is protected by GFCI upstream in the circuit.
This is exactly right. A gfci circuit breaker protects the entire chain. An outlet only protects that single outlet

:heart/flower🤪🤣
Photos!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3682.jpeg
    IMG_3682.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I should have mentioned the 5 mile trail is in between the N/B and S/B lanes of a heavily traveled roadway leading up to the mountains. Back in the 1910's and 1920's, this use to be part of an electric trolley car system that took people from across the valley up to the foot of the mountains. Pic # 4 was one of the old Trolley car stops that my buddy's family refurbished a few years ago. Lastly, Pic # 1 belongs a family who is very well known family. It is on the Historic Registry and have a You Tube video of the interior.

I thought that if a non GFCI outlet was protected by GFCI its supposed to have a sticker indicating its protected by GFCI, but I can understand why someone wouldn't want an ugly sticker on their outlet.

Those are neat houses, Havasu.

I got a cheap suction cup towel bar from Amazon that came in today. I was going to put it over the shelf with the shampoo but when I was lining it up, I realized I would probably bump it a lot when moving my arms so I tested different locations and decided to put it on the left wall. Went on easily and now I hopefully won't be constantly dropping my washcloth and it can hang to dry. I'll have to make sure my brother doesn't yank it off. It has little levers to increase the suction to lock it on and it worked great. We'll see if it holds up.
1708056063359.png

No. It protects every outlet on that circuit.
I had 5 outlets on one circuit and only one GFCI outlet.
If one tripped the GFCI they all went dead.
All protected outlets will be from the GFCI down stream.

John F. Kennedy and Jacqueline Kennedy photographed by Richard Avedon on the 3 January 1961, 17 days before JFK was sworn in as President of the United States.

View attachment 124732
I wonder what Pres. Kennedy would think of the Democratic Party today?

Edit to add: and the overall shape that America is in.

Inside of the box for my landline phone:
1708320878745.png

Funny thing is, I couldn't actually see the writing saying to slide the latch while I was looking in the box. That only became visible to me after I took the photo and saw it on my screen.
Opened it anyway and plugged in my phone to the port but there was nothing.
1708320967847.png

The cut wires were from when we had a 2nd line back when dialup was a thing.

Inside of the box for my landline phone:
View attachment 124794
Funny thing is, I couldn't actually see the writing saying to slide the latch while I was looking in the box. That only became visible to me after I took the photo and saw it on my screen.
Opened it anyway and plugged in my phone to the port but there was nothing.
View attachment 124795
The cut wires were from when we had a 2nd line back when dialup was a thing.
If you can plug in outside and there's nothing, it's AT&T's problem!

On O'Connell Bridge Front.jpg

1951, my Great Grandparents on O'Connell Bridge, Dublin. Strange how I can see family members resembling them even now. Around this time my Mother was being born on the other side of the world, and they would never see her or her siblings. This is the Bridge today below.
1708359742958.png

Latest posts

Back