Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Woody I’ve seen the moon do all those crazy colors, I think a few are missing. Have seen it blindingly white even when it isn’t full. Thanks for posting it. Can you share what website you got it from?
No website, it was on my feed in GAB. I have seen it around before though If I find a site I will try and remember to send you a PM!!

Women's rights in Iran.JPG

Saved some $ by remembering an old tool I found in Dad's electrical repair toolbox (he had things labeled-- plumbing, electrical, etc). Need to put an RJ11 end on some cable and use a different jack bc I think the one for our phoneline is toast.
1707544634396.png
Also found an old Panasonic remote while I was doing some cleaning. Can't remember what this thing was for but it's huge:
1707544705592.png
1707544769037.png

For a DVR machine?
That remote is pretty huge.
It's an old "Universal remote". Programmed right, it would work your TV, cable box, and 2 different VCRs.
An 'all-in-one' remote.

So, I'm not a big shoe person, but I got some new shoes for the wedding. Will probably put them up to wear to funerals in the future. Stock photos:
1707642453074.png
1707642527000.png

I got straps that loop under the shoe and over the foot to keep them from slipping off. This is what it looks like from the top. The socks I got have some weird white-ish color stuff that shows. I really don't care if it shows though. The stuff is supposed to reinforce the sock I guess. The black part is really flimsy and already has runs right out of the bag.
1707642620881.png

1707642742330.png

Sort of blooper where I realized afterwards why I should have worn pants in the first place for the photos. I sleep on my right side and the cats run all over the top of my left leg while I'm sleeping.
1707642784254.png

Ireland in the early 1900's. I found this online and what I thought was interesting was the wailing and gnashing of teeth of the poorness of it all. This is actually posh. The children have clothes and blankets, there is turf for heat, and food in the pot.
1707829431719.png

Ireland in the early 1900's. I found this online and what I thought was interesting was the wailing and gnashing of teeth of the poorness of it all. This is actually posh. The children have clothes and blankets, there is turf for heat, and food in the pot.
View attachment 124427
And they owned a camera!!

I was bored at the eye doctor's office waiting for them to check my brother's eyes. They keep the bathroom door locked so the carabiner with the key has to be used to let people in. I noticed an electrical code violation.
1707877296513.png

Chairs in the place were neat
1707877337802.png
1707877365230.png

I sat on this bench though.
1707877411674.png

Ding ding ding!🌟
Yup, it bugged me so much that I complained to the staff and then they told me the doctor owns the building and when he came out with my brother I told him about it. I said "That's a 20Amp and that is dangerous". Told him it violated electrical code and had to be GFCI. He said he had one in a box at home that he could bring in.

Not necessarily. Every outlet on a circuit does not need to be a separate GFCI outlet. The circuit needs to be protected, but an outlet on the other side of the room, or in a different room, that is on the same circuit can do the job. Our house is that way. There is a GFCI outlet in one of the upstairs bathrooms. The remaining bathrooms are on the same circuit but do not have their own GFCI outlets. If the GFCI outlet trips, ALL of the bathrooms go offline.

Requirements may be different in commercial buildings, or in different locales.

Not necessarily. Every outlet on a circuit does not need to be a separate GFCI outlet. The circuit needs to be protected, but an outlet on the other side of the room, or in a different room, that is on the same circuit can do the job. Our house is that way. There is a GFCI outlet in one of the upstairs bathrooms. The remaining bathrooms are on the same circuit but do not have their own GFCI outlets. If the GFCI outlet trips, ALL of the bathrooms go offline.

Requirements may be different in commercial buildings, or in different locales.
Kitchens and bathrooms MUST have GFCI outlets!

Kitchens and bathrooms MUST have GFCI outlets!
Around here, at least when our house was built, the requirement was to be on a GFCI protected circuit. Each individual outlet in the bathrooms or kitchen did not have to be GFCI itself, as long as it was protected by the GFCI circuit. Also, outdoor and garage outlets here have to be GFCI as well I believe. Ours are. But I guess that doesn't mean they HAVE to be, it only means that ours are. But I do believe that they are required to be GFCI, but not with 100% certainty.

Around here, at least when our house was built, the requirement was to be on a GFCI protected circuit. Each individual outlet in the bathrooms or kitchen did not have to be GFCI itself, as long as it was protected by the GFCI circuit. Also, outdoor and garage outlets here have to be GFCI as well I believe. Ours are. But I guess that doesn't mean they HAVE to be, it only means that ours are. But I do believe that they are required to be GFCI, but not with 100% certainty.
So you plug a hairdryer into that outlet and drop it in that sink when the water is running....it needs a GFCI. And I don't mean you personally, just using 'you' as a general term!!😉

Back