Post-SHTF DPF network

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I misunderstood your earlier comment about not having a handgun to mean you weren't armed at all. The right rifle is better than a handgun in most cases, it's just harder to transport discreetly.

This is just an idea but what if **** does hit the fan and one of us has to bug out? My idea is trading areas in our towns, cities, or somewhere near our BOL or home and code phrases incase someone does have to bug out. With this someone could still have a safety net of a fellow DPF member and possible safe haven even if it is temporary.

It is just a thought.
Some definitions I still don't understand such as the difference between SHTF / DPF . However Here's one more option, and with this one I,m getting my feet wet ; Since I know SHTF has a protocol to which I can comply, I suggest anyone else with the 'nards' who's the same, post it in Your profile as SHTF with Your image. At least we'll have an Idea of who does and who don't. It seems like we don't need another code just for affiliates to identify with us. The weeding can be done after establishing. Does this make sense to You?

just in case im reading your post correctly

shtf = **** hit the fan
dpf = doomsday prepper forum

just in case im reading your post correctly

shtf = **** hit the fan
dpf = doomsday prepper forum
O.K..., That works, but for now I'm just adding SHTF Network to my profile statement. Hope I ain't the only one.

Ya I knew there were flaws like that I just wanted to through it out there because if I didn't it would keep appearing because of my ADHD.
That's quite a forgivable flaw. I have flaws of my own. I noticed though that Your idea brought in nearly 4 pages (and counting) in responses, so I'd say You hit a nerve.

I misunderstood your earlier comment about not having a handgun to mean you weren't armed at all. The right rifle is better than a handgun in most cases, it's just harder to transport discreetly.
Sorry, the gun issue was left out on purpose...not able to practice "carrying" that rifle around the neighborhood! And, the weight factor...I figured out real quick that ammunition and to keep it waterproof is almost impossible for me to carry very much very far. This is turning into a very interesting exercise for me! I pray the day comes that I never find myself without a home and on foot somewhere for survival...but I do know that the first step of being prepared is to have that mental picture of survival and then practice, practice and more practice! Thank you again, this has added a very real new dimension to my preparedness...in light of a possible plague, what is going on in MO, natural and manmade disasters...well, the more I can practice the better chance I will have!

Sorry, the gun issue was left out on purpose...not able to practice "carrying" that rifle around the neighborhood! And, the weight factor...I figured out real quick that ammunition and to keep it waterproof is almost impossible for me to carry very much very far. This is turning into a very interesting exercise for me! I pray the day comes that I never find myself without a home and on foot somewhere for survival...but I do know that the first step of being prepared is to have that mental picture of survival and then practice, practice and more practice! Thank you again, this has added a very real new dimension to my preparedness...in light of a possible plague, what is going on in MO, natural and manmade disasters...well, the more I can practice the better chance I will have!

Get a Ruger 10/22 tactical (lite weight and easy to fire) and a good knife ( I Recommend a GI Tanto by Cold steel). Also buy some bear spray to keep on you at all times. Anyone asks its for stray dogs and aggressive animals. The bear spray sprays a cone up to 30 ft. It'll send anyone packing. Just be sure to use it outside only lol... This Tactic has worked for me for years. Stopped concert rioters with it and the police thanked me for my quick thinking...

http://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-80PGTK-Tanto-Carbon/dp/B004H9DO4Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408407147&sr=8-1&keywords=gi tanto

http://www.amazon.com/SABRE-FRONTIERSMAN-Attack-Deterrent-Holster/dp/B002E6VAHK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408407173&sr=8-1&keywords=bear spray This one comes with a holster.

http://www.amazon.com/Mace-Brand-Pepper-Spray-Silver/dp/B001AL27X6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408407300&sr=8-1&keywords=Mace Brand Pepper Spray Pepper Gun This is just fun!!

Get a Ruger 10/22 tactical (lite weight and easy to fire) and a good knife ( I Recommend a GI Tanto by Cold steel). Also buy some bear spray to keep on you at all times. Anyone asks its for stray dogs and aggressive animals. The bear spray sprays a cone up to 30 ft. It'll send anyone packing. Just be sure to use it outside only lol... This Tactic has worked for me for years. Stopped concert rioters with it and the police thanked me for my quick thinking...

http://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-80PGTK-Tanto-Carbon/dp/B004H9DO4Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408407147&sr=8-1&keywords=gi tanto

http://www.amazon.com/SABRE-FRONTIERSMAN-Attack-Deterrent-Holster/dp/B002E6VAHK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408407173&sr=8-1&keywords=bear spray This one comes with a holster.

http://www.amazon.com/Mace-Brand-Pepper-Spray-Silver/dp/B001AL27X6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408407300&sr=8-1&keywords=Mace Brand Pepper Spray Pepper Gun This is just fun!!
I can attest to the effectiveness of defense sprays. I've walked out of more than 1 bad scene with their help. Another product that can be nearly or just as effective is spray ammonia. The spray bottles You get in the grocery store shoot 20- 25 ft with adjustable stream. A note, though- it has the ability to permanently blind Your opponent. Personally, if someone or something threatens my life, They will never make that mistake again.

I seemed to have hijacked this thread...sorry everyone! This is something that grows more important to me each day. A tornado could send me walking out of here...just the robbing and the vandalism has sent us into a serious discussion of putting this place on the market. Now with the earthquake this weekend in CA and the rioting in MO, that networking ability seems to grow within me. I believe there is a need...not sure other than regional and local "stepping stones" would work though. Not a very good organizer myself...have that personality you either intensely love me or you intensely dislike me. But, it would be a lot less stressful on many people if they had a "security" plan that included like minded others. Even though that is a very broad term...I think it could be doable.

I seemed to have hijacked this thread...sorry everyone! This is something that grows more important to me each day. A tornado could send me walking out of here...just the robbing and the vandalism has sent us into a serious discussion of putting this place on the market. Now with the earthquake this weekend in CA and the rioting in MO, that networking ability seems to grow within me. I believe there is a need...not sure other than regional and local "stepping stones" would work though. Not a very good organizer myself...have that personality you either intensely love me or you intensely dislike me. But, it would be a lot less stressful on many people if they had a "security" plan that included like minded others. Even though that is a very broad term...I think it could be doable.
Hi, Ginger. Looks to me like everyone in this thread hijacked it except carhugger_prep. Don't know if You've been reading my other threads, I pretty well made the rounds to see if I was doing the right thing by keying the title SHTF Network to do pretty much exactly what You just described. carhugger didn't realize he had an idea that so many people would respond to. There's apparently a wide- spread need for just such a network, and after presenting it to a staff member for approval, There's no problem so far with it.
Some people encounter situations that lead to a more current SHTF occurrence in their present location with people who need guidance from us. That kind of assistance can't be had by just reading past threads & posts on the subject. I don't exactly Know how this will unfold but most who responded to the idea voiced a strong need for it to be developed. There are probably those of us who share that initiative that are even willing to dispatch physically if a life/death situation was imminent.
I may be carrying things a bit too far in surmising that kind of scenario, That's just one of my defects- examining potentials.

spent a long weekend with my kids,my ex and her new hubby, they seem to have the prepper mindset, as they live rural, they know electricity can be gone any time,they have a garden, water to drink and wash( own spring), possibility to heat the whole house with a combined oven/fireplace, store food, and after the weekend I know I have a place to go if life turns impossible here in town

spent a long weekend with my kids,my ex and her new hubby, they seem to have the prepper mindset, as they live rural, they know electricity can be gone any time,they have a garden, water to drink and wash( own spring), possibility to heat the whole house with a combined oven/fireplace, store food, and after the weekend I know I have a place to go if life turns impossible here in town
Good looking out, jontte,

it's a good thing, 'cause it seems to be almost impossible to find people here, though they made a survey about threats to Finland and to the big surprise surprise 65% thought that Russia is a threat to us and they would use force as a means to politics

it's a good thing, 'cause it seems to be almost impossible to find people here, though they made a survey about threats to Finland and to the big surprise surprise 65% thought that Russia is a threat to us and they would use force as a means to politics
They must think a show of force is going to really control the mind-big error.

Hi, Ginger. Looks to me like everyone in this thread hijacked it except carhugger_prep. Don't know if You've been reading my other threads, I pretty well made the rounds to see if I was doing the right thing by keying the title SHTF Network to do pretty much exactly what You just described. carhugger didn't realize he had an idea that so many people would respond to. There's apparently a wide- spread need for just such a network, and after presenting it to a staff member for approval, There's no problem so far with it.
Some people encounter situations that lead to a more current SHTF occurrence in their present location with people who need guidance from us. That kind of assistance can't be had by just reading past threads & posts on the subject. I don't exactly Know how this will unfold but most who responded to the idea voiced a strong need for it to be developed. There are probably those of us who share that initiative that are even willing to dispatch physically if a life/death situation was imminent.
I may be carrying things a bit too far in surmising that kind of scenario, That's just one of my defects- examining potentials.

Forager, I haven't hijacked this thread for a reason. The reason is that I just wanted to see other preppers' point-of-view on the post-SHTF network idea. Because you can't be to careful before or after SHTF.

Forager, I haven't hijacked this thread for a reason. The reason is that I just wanted to see other preppers' point-of-view on the post-SHTF network idea. Because you can't be to careful before or after SHTF.
I noticed You weren't responding lately. Thanks for the great idea! I'd like to continue with it in hopes of developing it. Will continue to update it if no objections.
Right now, I've just been interrupted by someone with a matter that requires my attention. I'll reply with more a little later. Feel free to correspond. Gotta go.

This is just an idea but what if **** does hit the fan and one of us has to bug out? My idea is trading areas in our towns, cities, or somewhere near our BOL or home and code phrases incase someone does have to bug out. With this someone could still have a safety net of a fellow DPF member and possible safe haven even if it is temporary.

It is just a thought.[/quote
Hey carhugger- If You think You stuck Your neck out with this idea, dig this- I've been using SHTF NETWORK on my photo image post just to establish the name. I hope You can tell me I didn't stick my neck out for nothing.

Last edited:
Hi Ginger- Did You mention You'd like to move soon?

Hey carhugger- If You think You stuck Your neck out with this idea, dig this- I've been using SHTF NETWORK on my photo image post just to establish the name. I hope You can tell me I didn't stick my neck out for nothing.
You didn't stick your neck out for nothing that I can tell.

You didn't stick your neck out for nothing that I can tell.
Since I 1st encountered Your Idea, I've been intrigued by it. Apparently, quite a few other folks were as well, seeing we are almost at page 5 of replies to Your origional post. They usually don't get that many replies unless it's one that people are considering seriously. I saw some really good ideas in connection with it, some of which may work well.

Latest posts

Back