Preps no one else has

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you find one, get a pic. They are going the way of the dinosaur. Zoom in on the bottom right of the map...
It says: "March, 1960".
Most everything today goes thru fiber-optic or satellite.
I have a 2nd cousin who has a small (50'???) tower & a large diesel generator, they do not talk about it, but it looks like they are ready for the FALL.

@zoomzoom where I lived there were two places, the one was in back of our house on top of the mountain, along the ridge in two different places were big towers. Quite a few miles from those locations is where they said the underground place was for the president of the U.S. 1960s. I can't even zoom in close enough on the map but it looks like the areas for the towers.

How? I have a hard time getting 90 of needed meds.
The main ways are, my insurance pays for 90 days every 80 days. You need to know how many days before you 90 days the insurance will pay for your drugs, mark it on your calendar and ask your pharmacist a day or two before that. That way you can pick up the prescription on the first day. My injectable is rated at 30 days/bx and I get 31+. I sometimes forget to take certain meds. It takes work and it isn’t fast.

The main ways are, my insurance pays for 90 days every 80 days. You need to know how many days before you 90 days the insurance will pay for your drugs, mark it on your calendar and ask your pharmacist a day or two before that. That way you can pick up the prescription on the first day. My injectable is rated at 30 days/bx and I get 31+. I sometimes forget to take certain meds. It takes work and it isn’t fast.
Another trick you can use is to get your doc to prescribe 2X what you normally take, if that is what others take.
The insurance copay will be the same with either one.:)
Below is my 'stovepipe' of extra Relafen® I have stashed.
He prescribes 2 per day; most days I only take 1. :thumbs:
IMG_20240630_191114_4_kindlephoto-229934375.jpg

Last edited:
Another trick you can use is to get your doc to prescribe 2X what you normally take, if that is what others take.
The insurance copay will be the same with either one.:)
Below is my 'stovepipe' of extra Relafen® I have stashed.
He prescribes 2 per day; most days I only take 1. :thumbs:
View attachment 156497
Excellent! My last new prescription was for 9/day. I can only tolerate 1/day, unless I want to sleep 24 hrs/day. The prescription before that was for 6/day but after the first week I got better and only need it rarely. Some drugs are available through animal sources and others you can get over the net.

I stock those plastic cases of O rings, cotter keys, keyways, nuts bolts and screws, set screws. etc etc. Basicly a couple of every small case of fix it bits that harbor freight sells.
that old saying about for the want of a nail a shoe was lost, for the want of a shoe a horse was lost......
Amen!

The O-ring set alone has worked the trick for me and others multiple times.

Ben

Yes, there were several built. I'm guessing 20-50. Although the AT&T system was all across the country (see map below), actual bunkers were only installed in key locations. I believe mine was the only one built at this size/capacity as it was a major communications hub. Most of the others were 1/2 to 1/3 of the size.

AFAIK, they're all still in existence as they're 1000-year structures. Mine was incredibly clean and well maintained. The others... not so much unless they've been recently rehabbed.

Do you ever see any towers like the one pictured below? They are or were at all the locations on the map below. They're microwave relay towers. They used microwave signals for communications.

View attachment 156428

View attachment 156431
That must have been painful to let it go and sell it..what a dream thatd be!
I watched a documentary on one for sale not terribly long ago in Nevada.
It was so incredible!
I was talking to tirediron today about the survival reality of long term hunkering tho.
It seems one would lose skills over time and be way out of touch with what's going on in the long run.
But I'd still love one ..I could finally get some good sleep without having one eye open all the time..

Yes... They're microwave relay towers. They used microwave signals for communications.

View attachment 156428

That is where I thought I would be working after the Navy. Fixing microwave relay towers. After all there were zillions of them and how many computers are there in civilian life? (1979)

Ben

I prolly have somewhat of an obsession with firewood and the stuff to gather/process it? nah prolly not

If it takes more than one hand to count your chainsaws you are obsessed.....then there are the crosscut one and two man saws, old drag saws....the list goes on and on.
well you can't have just one :brewing:

Latest posts

Back