Question about hard cider...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can check out different yeasts for cider brewing at Midwest Supplies, just click on 'Craft Specialties' and find cider yeast. I think I bought my airlocks here too, they're cheap at $3 a pop. You'll need one for each jug you ferment, unless you buy a carboy or whatever. Moi, I'm just trying to find a cheap and easy way to brew cider, using the jugs in which the sweet cider or juice was purchased, 10-4? Later, I might see about buying a carboy, I just wanna keep things simple at present, until I learn more about the whole process. I'm also gonna look into making some moonshine, this guy I know has the equipment and makes it in his kitchen, so it can't be that difficult. I'm just exploring different ways to make cider or booze on the cheap, I'm not looking to win the 'Concours d'Elegance' of cider-or-booze-tasting competitions, lol. ;)

Whenever someone tells me I have an alcohol problem, I say: "YEAH, NO $H!T, IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE!!!" :oops:

You can check out different yeasts for cider brewing at Midwest Supplies, just click on 'Craft Specialties' and find cider yeast. I think I bought my airlocks here too, they're cheap at $3 a pop. You'll need one for each jug you ferment, unless you buy a carboy or whatever. Moi, I'm just trying to find a cheap and easy way to brew cider, using the jugs in which the sweet cider or juice was purchased, 10-4? Later, I might see about buying a carboy, I just wanna keep things simple at present, until I learn more about the whole process. I'm also gonna look into making some moonshine, this guy I know has the equipment and makes it in his kitchen, so it can't be that difficult. I'm just exploring different ways to make cider or booze on the cheap, I'm not looking to win the 'Concours d'Elegance' of cider-or-booze-tasting competitions, lol. ;)

Whenever someone tells me I have an alcohol problem, I say: "YEAH, NO $H!T, IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE!!!" :oops:
I agree, just a way to make an adult beverage. I will start with the apple cider method but I am also thinking about options for other juices. But I do love some good apple cider so helping that grow up into an adult beverage sounds good to me.

Latest posts

Back