Ranch Manager Job in New Mexico

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UserNameTaken

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Posted 10/16/24 - probably a time limited offer.

I ran across this today. (Not sure where to put it, so put it here, if a better topic please move.) This looks like a legitimate job offer. I thought someone here might be interested, though pay seems a little low to me.

Near Taos and the Angelfire ski resort. $60,000 a year. Not a survivalist thing, but a wealthy persons guest / hunting ranch apparently.

"Description:
High Alpine ranch is seeking a caretaker couple for a $60K inclusive package.

THIS IS A TWO PERSON JOB

The Ranch is located approximately 15 miles south of Angel Fire, NM with altitudes around 8,000 -9000 feet. The ranch is home to a large resident herd of elk and some deer. The family maintains this ranch primarily for recreation and we are looking for a mature couple without resident children to maintain the houses, grounds and property, vehicles and equipment."

https://www.ranchworldads.com/classified.php?listing=188556

1645238212_67043aa3c1aa53_20990609_small.jpg

Last edited:
I guess if you wanted to live there, it'd be ok. I've been to Angel Fire, the elevation is rough. Was just talking about this area with my neighbor yesterday. One of the cousins here has two grown sons working on some cabins in the area, it's common to hire amish guys to go work a project there. The boy's parents went to visit there a week or so ago, and it was only $22 RT by train from here to there, and they had a great time.
The pay doesn't seem too bad if you get a free place to stay with utilities, and like being out there.

Latest posts

Back