Rethink Christmas!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's traditional where I live for the neighboring farms to gift food gifts. Last year we got a decorated box of pork sausage from one family, a load of homebaked treats from another, and a big gift bag full of hamburger, pickles, and homemade wheat bread. Little hard candies in there, too.
We don't go nuts with Christmas gifts. We give something to the grandkids that they've been wanting, and maybe something that they need. Always socks and mittens. Because I never know where those end up. Hand carved things would make an excellent gift! I either give food items or things I have embroidered.

Last year for my kids 2000 miles away. I helped a small business out. A friend had a basket with his pizza sauce, dough kit, salsa, and some other goodies. And he delivered to them.
I hope this year he puts his pasta sauce in the basket.

I don’t know if this allowed, and a mod can delete it.
This is my friends site, Salvatore's Specialty Foods
It might arrive in a beat up Ifitfits it ships box, but I have never had anything broken.
Look at the history. and I will tell you he ran a pizza trailers for fairs. That dried up in 2020.He contracted sources to make his sauces (same ones that make Frito Salsa)
Its not your Chefboardi or Appian Way piazza, but good for prepping

Help a small business.

I don’t know if this allowed, and a mod can delete it.
This is my friends site, Salvatore's Specialty Foods
It might arrive in a beat up Ifitfits it ships box, but I have never had anything broken.
Look at the history. and I will tell you he ran a pizza trailers for fairs. That dried up in 2020.He contracted sources to make his sauces (same ones that make Frito Salsa)
Its not your Chefboardi or Appian Way piazza, but good for prepping

Help a small business.
Have him contact me for a small vendor donation and offer a DPF discount code. I will leave it up for now.

I made jalapeno jelly and tomato jelly one year to put in Christmas gift boxes (green and red). You put them over cream cheese for a good cracker dip. If it's a first Christmas baby, I've made embroidered crib quilts.

My daughter does quilts for the babies too. They are my favorite quilts. ❤

Christmas is not my favorite holiday and I am not talking religion, I don't care if you call it Yule or Winter Solstice. It is the gift pressure which bothers me. We are required to run out and buy something, anything at some late point, and give it to our loved ones. I think my loved ones know what the want and would much rather have the money for it and the savings they will accrue by buying it AFTER Christmas.

Latest posts

Back