See ya later, Kris. :(

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truly a great song writer.

Most people attribute this song to Janice Joplin.

This was my favorite Kris Kristofferson song, and also my favorite KK quote: "Smartest thing I ever did was let Janis Joplin sing it." Sunday Morning Coming Down would be a close second.

Since we have that video I believe, so the legend goes, Rita Coolidge was Leon Russell's Delta Lady of song, although she disavows any naked encounters in the garden.

This is another "You know you are getting old when" moment back about 100 pounds ago when we had hair.

Last edited:
That's mad- even my 21 year old knows who KK is :) My Mum was a fan -I saw him on something recently- he seemed old for a long time when I was younger, but had gone downhill recently. Whatever Willie Nelson (and Keth Richards) is on, I should take some!

Yeah, I looked 'em up - country music. The only thing I am less likely to listen to is gangster rap.

Who's Willie Nelson? KIDDING!

My first concert was Kris Kristofferson. No, I wasn't a fan, my ex wife wanted to go. And no, I didn't enjoy it. I paid good money to see a drunk guy singing & listen to a speaker that should have been replaced. A few years back Willie came to town & I was more than happy for my now wife to buy her & a friend a ticket to see him while I totally enjoyed NOT listening to him sing. I will say that Willie did write one of my favorite all times songs, Georgia. And I LOVED the Ray Charles version.

Back