Service Goat???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bluejoy,I have seen 3 of your post in this thread there is no way to be polite about this,,,,you are defending these degenerates ,,,,which way do you swing???????????????????

It's rather prurient to ask people their sexual preferences but, heigh-ho, if that's what floats your boat... I'm strongly androphilic. And before you ask, I'm not going to tell you about the tackle I'm packing :)

ETA: I meant to say that it seems you and I have very different ideas about what constitutes degeneracy, grayghost668.

It's rather prurient to ask people their sexual preferences but, heigh-ho, if that's what floats your boat... I'm strongly androphilic. And before you ask, I'm not going to tell you about the tackle I'm packing :)

ETA: I meant to say that it seems you and I have very different ideas about what constitutes degeneracy, grayghost668.
you see people who don't see the problem with using the wrong bathroom are the people who can't see how dangerous a situation this can be,,,,,like I said when my niece was growing up any man that was found in a womans bathroom when she was in there would have been in danger of never leaving that bathroom,,,,,,,,,,,,,you think I am the only one who thinks this way you are sadly mistaken,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,use the bathroom designed for your gender,,,,it's not all that hard to figure out look in your underwear check the equipment,.it's as plain as the nose on your face

I agree with you.

I think part of the problem is that people confuse "taste" with "right and wrong".

I find the act of eating liver and tripe mixed with onions to be horribly nasty, but I'm not (currently) a vegetarian, so me finding it nasty isn't the same thing as me saying that eating tripe and liver is morally wrong.

I find certian aspects of a gay lifestyle to be disgusting, but there are heterosexual practices that I find to be even more disgusting...so finding something distasteful is different from saying that it's wrong.

This is where I believe a lot of people get lost and become judgemental.

As a medical person (an ex-paramedic), I tend to consider myself to be very pragmatic and "go with what works" rather than adhere to theory.

People might say my moral compass is a matter of conveinence (and I take this assumption as a grevious insult), but it's the pragmatic conveinence of a devout Jewish or Muslim man who eats a wild pig to survive while stranded on an island and confronted with starvation.

arguing with the LEFT is pointless
Even if you disagree with me, I hope you can still see my point. Seeing someone's point and agreeing with them are two different things.

I've always respected your views even when I think you're wrong.

I like talking with people who disagree with me, because I can change my thinking if I'm wrong. I'm not going to see where my errors are if everyone agrees with me.

I agree with you.

I think part of the problem is that people confuse "taste" with "right and wrong".

I find the act of eating liver and tripe mixed with onions to be horribly nasty, but I'm not (currently) a vegetarian, so me finding it nasty isn't the same thing as me saying that eating tripe and liver is morally wrong.

I find certian aspects of a gay lifestyle to be disgusting, but there are heterosexual practices that I find to be even more disgusting...so finding something distasteful is different from saying that it's wrong.

This is where I believe a lot of people get lost and become judgemental.

As a medical person (an ex-paramedic), I tend to consider myself to be very pragmatic and "go with what works" rather than adhere to theory.

People might say my moral compass is a matter of conveinence (and I take this assumption as a grevious insult), but it's the pragmatic conveinence of a devout Jewish or Muslim man who eats a wild pig to survive while stranded on an island and confronted with starvation.

I largely agree with you, except that I love liver and onions! Can't abide tripe, though ☺

Even if you disagree with me, I hope you can still see my point. Seeing someone's point and agreeing with them are two different things.

I've always respected your views even when I think you're wrong.

I like talking with people who disagree with me, because I can change my thinking if I'm wrong. I'm not going to see where my errors are if everyone agrees with me.
I don't know how old you are,but I am 62 sex is BLACK AND WHITE to me there is no shades of gray,,,,and this bluntly how I look at the world,,,,,in black and white

when I was growing up gays rarely came out of the closet for fear of their life,I think they should still be in the closet,,,I know that demented part of the world is out there,we all do,,I just don't like it rubbed in my face

you see people who don't see the problem with using the wrong bathroom are the people who can't see how dangerous a situation this can be,,,,,like I said when my niece was growing up any man that was found in a womans bathroom when she was in there would have been in danger of never leaving that bathroom,,,,,,,,,,,,,you think I am the only one who thinks this way you are sadly mistaken,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,use the bathroom designed for your gender,,,,it's not all that hard to figure out look in your underwear check the equipment,.it's as plain as the nose on your face

I don't keep gender in my underpants, or anywhere else, and if my nose looked like my genitals then I'd give up studying classics and go to seek my fortune in the circus.

I don't know how old you are,but I am 62 sex is BLACK AND WHITE to me there is no shades of gray,,,,and this bluntly how I look at the world,,,,,in black and white

when I was growing up gays rarely came out of the closet for fear of their life,I think they should still be in the closet,,,I know that demented part of the world is out there,we all do,,I just don't like it rubbed in my face

Wanting people to live in fear... now that's what I think of as degeneracy.

it might be good for you

What, living in fear? Or rotting my soul by wanting others to live in fear? I'll pass, thank you.

Honesty, courage and strength, loving kindness, shining and helping others to shine. These are worth striving for, and as often as I fall short I will pick myself up and keep striving.

62 isn't too old to learn a more joyful life. I hope you get there.

got to love trolls

Sorry that you find our conversation trollish - I've quite enjoyed the opportunity to discuss the relative dangers of aggression by/towards trans people and definitions of degeneracy. I'll leave you to the rest of your day ☺

Wanting people to live in fear... now that's what I think of as degeneracy.
I also think a lot of this back-and-forth comes from a Biblical upbringing.

I revere the King James, but reverence and biblical literalism are two different things.

For me, biblical literalism and biblical absolutism went out the window with Benjamin Franklin when he invented the lightning rod in 1752.

People believed (because of the Bible) that lightning was from God, so it was sacreligious and profane to put a lightning rod on a church.

The people of Brescia, Italy, were a pious, God-fearing bunch. Therefore, they decided that the safest place to store gunpowder was in the basements and catacombs of the local church...almost 100 metric tons of it.

The steeple is usually the highest part of town, so--as you may have guessed--it was hit by lightning, the church caught fire, and the resulting explosion leveled one-sixth of the town and killed almost 3,000 people.

It wasn't God that killed those people. It was Biblical literalism, absolutist thinking, moral inflexibility, and religious piety.

The lessons that we should take away from the Brescia explosion also apply to evolution, homosexuality, and transgenderism.

Having a certian moral flexibility does not imply that morality is a matter of conveinence. Adhering to an absolute, black-and-white standard of morality is different than doing the right thing.

Even Jesus himself preached this when he stopped a bloodthirsty crowd from stoning an adultress when he suggested that "He who hasn't sinned should cast the first stone."

Moral flexibility robs an evil person of the ability to do horrible things while he hides in a cowardly way behind the letter of the law.

Similar questions came up in the Nuremberg trials with Nazis who claimed that they "were only following orders".

Last edited:
I don't know why people make this so complicated. When there are separate bathrooms for genders, one of them has one of these. If you have the anatomical structure to be able to use it, you are in the right bathroom. Otherwise you aren't.
6501511020-washbrook-urinal.png

I've got no use for perverts, freaks and weirdos who claim that they don't know what sex they are. Or some crybaby who can't go anywhere without some kind of "service" animal.
A lot of these crybabies with emotional support animals are servicemen/veterans with traumatic brain injuries.

These people can have an emotional-support elephant, as far as I'm concerned.

A lot of these crybabies with emotional support animals are servicemen/veterans with traumatic brain injuries.

But a lot of these crybabies are college student who need support to take a test. . . There is a big difference here and I don't think anyone here is referring to actual service dogs that have a job to help someone in the aspect you referenced but referring to the people who just take their animal out in public and say they are a service dog when they really arent.

I don't care what kind of silly service animal they have either. They just don't need to take the damn critter everywhere they go.

But a lot of these crybabies are college student who need support to take a test. . . There is a big difference here and I don't think anyone here is referring to actual service dogs that have a job to help someone in the aspect you referenced but referring to the people who just take their animal out in public and say they are a service dog when they really arent.
I don't--for a second--doubt that there are people who game the system, and abuse a beautiful concept (like a guide dog for the blind) into something stupid, and make it harder for those people who have a legitimate need.

Opiates, for example, make much of modern medicine possible...but then we have drug addicts.

There will always be people who abuse a good thing, but I still believe there are people with hidden disabilities (I'm including myself here, as I have steel rods, screws, and a metal plate in my spine), who may still need their animals even if the reason isn't obvious.

My ex-girlfriend's dog is able to tell when she's getting ready to have a seizure...before she even has an aura or is aware that something is wrong.

Having the dog and keeping a log of certian things helped her doctor adjust her medication dosage, and she's the better for it.

A lot of people get bent out of shape because she doesn't feel a need to defend her use of a service animal (as epilepsy is invisible unless a seizure is actually happening at the moment), and she doesn't think that she should divulge her private medical information to complete strangers because they want to assume that she's "gaming the system".

A more typical response from her is a curt "You should take up yoga...so you can go f----k yourself."

I sometimes run into problems with customers and employers when I'm having a bad day with my back, and don't stand up to greet someone. Or, sometimes, when I walk too slowly when helping a customer and they think that I don't care because I'm walking like "I'm going to a funeral".

Legitimate disabilities are sometimes invisible, so just because a seemingly healthy person has a support animal doesn't automatically mean that they're screwing around with the system.

What, living in fear? Or rotting my soul by wanting others to live in fear? I'll pass, thank you.

Honesty, courage and strength, loving kindness, shining and helping others to shine. These are worth striving for, and as often as I fall short I will pick myself up and keep striving.

62 isn't too old to learn a more joyful life. I hope you get there.
Life is tough for everyone, sunshine and rainbows it ain't. I am freaking trying to survive in this world. I really don't have the energy to put up with others insecurities and self serving needs. If you honestly need help, if you really are having a crisis I'm there and will do what I can. But, if you are screwed up in the head about who the heck you are, male, female, need a support squirrel or what ever. Sorry dude.

I know a girl who was crippled with CP use her dog at school. She needed it. She went on to graduate HS nd college. I have known a woman(in my brothers class) with an emotional support dog, she did not need it. She used it as an excuse to have a pet that she wouldn't take care of, poor thing had fleas so bad it scratched off half it's hair. Lived in filth, lived with an abusive boyfriend that she constantly complained about, refused to leave him when given the chance for a nice clean home close by, her own space, her own clean everything. That is bull. My human nature is to mistrust people with emotional support animals or service critters when I don't see an obvious reason to have it. WAit and see if they don't get to start keeping pets in prison and we tax payers have to pay for them and for the pet care.

SAme thing with the abuses of the crippled persons parking. I personally knew a guy that walked three miles a day and used handicapped parking. My own Aunt got one when she didn't need it. later she actually did but at the time, no, she was just lazy! Had her mailbox moved to her front porch so she wouldn't have to walk 30 feet. TRUE and that type of behavior made me want to puke. There are takers and there are givers. You can pretty well judge every person this way. Try it sometime and see if I'm not right about that. I have a taker son, I have an over giver sister in law, most of my family are givers. My son and aunt are takers.

Everyone, and I think greyghost would even agree with this, believes that we should make reasonable accommodations for people that have disabilities.

The problem is "What constitutes 'reasonable'".

I leave you with Aesop's Fable #721 - "The Miller, His Son, And a Donkey."

One day, a long time ago, an old Miller and his Son were on their way to market with an Ass which they hoped to sell. They drove him very slowly, for they thought they would have a better chance to sell him if they kept him in good condition. As they walked along the highway some travelers laughed loudly at them.
“What foolishness,” cried one, “to walk when they might as well ride. The most stupid of the three is not the one you would expect it to be.”
The Miller did not like to be laughed at, so he told his son to climb up and ride.
They had gone a little farther along the road, when three merchants passed by.
“Oho, what have we here?” they cried. “Respect old age, young man! Get down, and let the old man ride.”
Though the Miller was not tired, he made the boy get down and climbed up himself to ride, just to please the Merchants.
At the next turnstile they overtook some women carrying market baskets loaded with vegetables and other things to sell.
“Look at the old fool,” exclaimed one of them. “Perched on the Ass, while that poor boy has to walk.”
The Miller felt a bit vexed, but to be agreeable he told the Boy to climb up behind him.
They had no sooner started out again than a loud shout went up from another company of people on the road.
“What a crime,” cried one, “to load up a poor dumb beast like that! They look more able to carry the poor creature, than he to carry them.”
“They must be on their way to sell the poor thing’s hide,” said another.
The Miller and his Son quickly scrambled down, and a short time later, the market place was thrown into an uproar as the two came along carrying the Donkey slung from a pole. A great crowd of people ran out to get a closer look at the strange sight.
The Ass did not dislike being carried, but so many people came up to point at him and laugh and shout, that he began to kick and bray, and then, just as they were crossing a bridge, the ropes that held him gave way, and down he tumbled into the river.
The poor Miller now set out sadly for home. By trying to please everybody, he had pleased nobody, and lost his Ass besides.

Life is tough for everyone, sunshine and rainbows it ain't. I am freaking trying to survive in this world. I really don't have the energy to put up with others insecurities and self serving needs. If you honestly need help, if you really are having a crisis I'm there and will do what I can. But, if you are screwed up in the head about who the heck you are, male, female, need a support squirrel or what ever. Sorry dude.

Life is, indeed, tough, and showing a bit of understanding and kindness makes life easier all round.
Everyone, and I think greyghost would even agree with this, believes that we should make reasonable accommodations for people that have disabilities.

The problem is "What constitutes 'reasonable'".

I leave you with Aesop's Fable #721 - "The Miller, His Son, And a Donkey."

One day, a long time ago, an old Miller and his Son were on their way to market with an Ass which they hoped to sell. They drove him very slowly, for they thought they would have a better chance to sell him if they kept him in good condition. As they walked along the highway some travelers laughed loudly at them.
“What foolishness,” cried one, “to walk when they might as well ride. The most stupid of the three is not the one you would expect it to be.”
The Miller did not like to be laughed at, so he told his son to climb up and ride.
They had gone a little farther along the road, when three merchants passed by.
“Oho, what have we here?” they cried. “Respect old age, young man! Get down, and let the old man ride.”
Though the Miller was not tired, he made the boy get down and climbed up himself to ride, just to please the Merchants.
At the next turnstile they overtook some women carrying market baskets loaded with vegetables and other things to sell.
“Look at the old fool,” exclaimed one of them. “Perched on the Ass, while that poor boy has to walk.”
The Miller felt a bit vexed, but to be agreeable he told the Boy to climb up behind him.
They had no sooner started out again than a loud shout went up from another company of people on the road.
“What a crime,” cried one, “to load up a poor dumb beast like that! They look more able to carry the poor creature, than he to carry them.”
“They must be on their way to sell the poor thing’s hide,” said another.
The Miller and his Son quickly scrambled down, and a short time later, the market place was thrown into an uproar as the two came along carrying the Donkey slung from a pole. A great crowd of people ran out to get a closer look at the strange sight.
The Ass did not dislike being carried, but so many people came up to point at him and laugh and shout, that he began to kick and bray, and then, just as they were crossing a bridge, the ropes that held him gave way, and down he tumbled into the river.
The poor Miller now set out sadly for home. By trying to please everybody, he had pleased nobody, and lost his Ass besides.

Ah, cishet men and their insecure obsessions with asses :D

If Someone chooses to consider Themselves special interests then thats on Them . I don't care what Anyone does with their personal life , but do not harm Others or expect Others to treat You as special interest .
If I decide to explain what the Christian
Teachings says about the spicial interest individuals choice They do not have to accept thats Their choice as well . And that choice doesn't change the truth it just shows the selfishness of the special interest individuals .
So at first They wanted to be accepted. Then They wanted to be recognized . Then They wanted to be Celebrated .
It ain't happening . Is someone chooses to live a lie , what ever that lie is then They choose to accept the consequences of their Choice .

Humans have done quite well and the world moved forward with out the use of emotional support animals, now I know we have uses for service dogs epilepsy, blind and other medical needs but emotional support animals ARE NOT service animals, even the AMDA points out the difference, everybody is so sue happy many businesses don’t even question it. Maybe robots ought to take over given humans have grown weak mentally and physically!

I don’t understand this g’damn animal craze, wonder how many people are drawing social security or other state and federal benefits because they need an support animal.

Back