Service Goat???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys... I'm going through discussions, and there are 5 pages on this nonsense? Really? I went through a page & stopped. All of you have nothing better to do than talk about goats & baloney gender stuff?

Service animals can be useful and it's a much-abused system. There are 2 sexes, a very rare few birth defects, and a whole lot of really screwed up people. You can choose to spend time on this nonsense or do something useful.

Go ahead if this is important, you're not going to convince leftie Bluejay of a thing. I just thought this needed to be said.

Leftie Bluejay, what a great name. Sounds like a left-handed Blues guitarist. Thank you for this little zing of happiness, TexasFreedom xx

To be honest, after reading your reply, it's the first time I realized you had an 'o' and not an 'a'. Makes sense... you're just here to cause frustration. You're doing a good job so far. We'll see when everyone gets tired of your nonsense. I'm done with it.

To be honest, after reading your reply, it's the first time I realized you had an 'o' and not an 'a'. Makes sense... you're just here to cause frustration. You're doing a good job so far. We'll see when everyone gets tired of your nonsense. I'm done with it.

The weird thing is, I'm really not here to cause frustration. I think there's a doomsday coming, and want to prepare for it. You perceive my views as nonsense and I perceive yours as unwholesome yet fascinating, so I put my tuppence in to some of the conversations that I find more bizarre and interesting ☺

Supposedly had a letter from a nurse practioner that she needed the critter on board. for one thing a nurse practioner is only a 6 year degree. Not a doctor and this type of endorsement should only be given by physicians.
I disagree with you.

There different types of nurse practitioners, and I find a certian qualification of them--for practical purposes--to be a physician. I work with them all day long, and trust myself and my loved ones to their care.

That's

Isn't that what drills are for?? It is to find out what works and what doesn't and to address any problems that might be encountered. The drill was successful.
I've often disagreed with you about certian things, but you indicate an extremely valid point that I hadn't considered.

The purpose of a drill is to practice and iron out any rough spots and/or unforseen issues, so your point about the drill being a success because it found this problem...and may actually save a child's life in the future now that they got confronted with it in a practice run is well taken.

I really, really, really wish that I have an adequate rebuttal to this, but I don't.

It's just very disturbing to me that the safety of the child took a back seat to gender issues, and I would expect more of people that we trust our children to.

It's also disturbing to me that it's coming down to a lawsuit that will cost the system huge amounts of money and resources...and all because of a gender identity issue.

That's

Isn't that what drills are for?? It is to find out what works and what doesn't and to address any problems that might be encountered. The drill was successful.

I agree that the drill was successful in that it identified a problem. However, I'd suggest that the problem is not which room this student should use but rather why the hell the school is wasting time trying to sort people into gender groups during an assault.

While I completely disagree with the need for trans-gender to be allowed the use of whatever facility (bathrooms, showers) they identify with, it is completely arsine to worry about political and social issues when practicing an active shooter drill. Getting the students to a safe location does not require separating students by sex. Simply round up all the students and move them to the safest location. The school was too worried about being politically correct and not about safety, the primary goal of the drill. The lawsuit is not needed, simple public outrage should be enough to help educate these Educators. The drill did not require any student to disrobe, so it should have been a non-issue about which dressing area they were moved too. That choice should have been mandated by which area was closest to the children's location. Stupid is as stupid does. The drill was a success, the school administration failed.

I've often disagreed with you about certian things, but you indicate an extremely valid point that I hadn't considered.

The purpose of a drill is to practice and iron out any rough spots and/or unforseen issues, so your point about the drill being a success because it found this problem...and may actually save a child's life in the future now that they got confronted with it in a practice run is well taken.

I really, really, really wish that I have an adequate rebuttal to this, but I don't.

It's just very disturbing to me that the safety of the child took a back seat to gender issues, and I would expect more of people that we trust our children to.

It's also disturbing to me that it's coming down to a lawsuit that will cost the system huge amounts of money and resources...and all because of a gender identity issue.
It often takes something like this for organizations to address current issues and get up to snuff on what is going on out in the world. Gotta change the old fashioned ways of doing things. It is not the teachers fault that the school board did not have a policy for this kind of situation. It didn't make any difference what the teachers did, someone would be on the chopping block over this. Put with the girls, wrong, put with the boys, wrong, put alone, wrong again.

While I completely disagree with the need for trans-gender to be allowed the use of whatever facility (bathrooms, showers) they identify with, it is completely arsine to worry about political and social issues when practicing an active shooter drill. Getting the students to a safe location does not require separating students by sex. Simply round up all the students and move them to the safest location. The school was too worried about being politically correct and not about safety, the primary goal of the drill. The lawsuit is not needed, simple public outrage should be enough to help educate these Educators. The drill did not require any student to disrobe, so it should have been a non-issue about which dressing area they were moved too. That choice should have been mandated by which area was closest to the children's location. Stupid is as stupid does. The drill was a success, the school administration failed.
I totally agree. But, if there was one girl in a room full of boys, well it would hit the fan again. You can't win with all the PC stuff. Someone always cries boo hoo.

I agree that the drill was successful in that it identified a problem. However, I'd suggest that the problem is not which room this student should use but rather why the hell the school is wasting time trying to sort people into gender groups during an assault.
Probably because that was how it was always done. You know the same old reply. Usually people or policies don't change til they have to and they never had to do it any other way before. Human nature again.

I disagree with you.

There different types of nurse practitioners, and I find a certian qualification of them--for practical purposes--to be a physician. I work with them all day long, and trust myself and my loved ones to their care.
Then you know how medical people can be manipulated by patients asking for stuff. That is why it should be limited to certain persons who are more qualified. A NP is not an MD. She should have begged a letter from whom ever gave her the diagnosis for her problem. Not that I agree that she needed a squirrel, I mean come on. She made a later flight squirrel-less.

Then you know how medical people can be manipulated by patients asking for stuff. That is why it should be limited to certain persons who are more qualified. A NP is not an MD. She should have begged a letter from whom ever gave her the diagnosis for her problem. Not that I agree that she needed a squirrel, I mean come on. She made a later flight squirrel-less.
I don't doubt that this particular woman was gaming the system with her squirrel.

As for NP (or, if you prefer, APRNP), it's actually harder to manipulate them then a physician.

They tend to have worked their way up in nursing, and there are many mechanisms in place (especially because of the opiate epidemic) to identify manipulative patients and put restraints on their demands.

I was a paramedic who was authorized to use valium and morphine sulfate, and I had a layer of mechanisms to keep addicts from abusing our services and substances.

I like to think that I was good at my job, and I was rarely--if ever--a victim of a drug seeker.

It's the same with handicap accomodations.

I'm very permissive toward accomodating handicaps because I'm handicapped myself, and I would rather people work with their accomodations then stay home and soak up a disability check.

Back