The Ladies

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I was going to have to report your post because of all the cuss words!!! Then I realized you were talking about items on the dinner menu!! And should we call you Mr. Sandalwood now??🤔

Well, frico you and the aji pancha you rode in on too! ;)

I still don't know what those things are, other than frico is some kind of cheesy pancake like thing. I am just happy that the steak was normal size, not some kind of 1oz bite size thing. In fact it was amazing, a prime locally grown grass fed 12oz steak cooked perfectly.

I don't know if this is normal but she really is buying stuff for me. Not just toiletry items either. I opened my top drawer last week and there were 6 new pair of boxer briefs and 6 new pairs of white socks. Worse yet some of my most comfortably 'broken-in' undies and socks were missing. Then I found two brand new dress shirts hanging the closet. Shirts I am guessing cost WAY more than I would have ever spent on a shirt. It seems like my days of buying clothes and toiletries at Costco might be behind me.

You aji frico becoming spoiled!!

As long as she doesn't buy me a purse with a little dog in it.

She's still sleeping by the way, although she did get up at one point to use the restroom and drink some Alka-Seltzer. Or so I presume since I found a dirty glass and an empty A-S packet on the counter of the bathroom. The girl and I ate our scrambled eggs and donuts without her.

7418564ed7ef8e960dc403dc114bd486.jpg

jim and beth

maybe jim and sara....your lady is more like lindsay...i think.

Last edited:
As long as she doesn't buy me a purse with a little dog in it.

She's still sleeping by the way, although she did get up at one point to use the restroom and drink some Alka-Seltzer. Or so I presume since I found a dirty glass and an empty A-S packet on the counter of the bathroom. The girl and I ate our scrambled eggs and donuts without her.
It's called a murse ( man purse), and what are you going to name the dog??

It's called a murse ( man purse), and what are you going to name the dog??
the dog has to be a jagdterrier....yall pick purse i pick the dog and leash.

The lady finally zombie crawled her way out of the bedroom. She sat down on the sofa, covered up with a white fluffy blanket, looked right at me and said "Don't let me do that again anytime soon". I fetched her some coffee and a donut which she actually consumed, so she couldn't be that hungover. I told her about the party I went to after getting her into bed and she said it was an apartment staff party. She also pointed out the number on my arm was likely a passcode to one of the storage units, the security office or a custodial closet. So that's interesting.

I took the opportunity to ask about my undies and she said "The worn out ones with the holes in them!? They are in a sack on the floor of the closet. I would never have thrown anything of yours away without asking... unless a month or so went by without you saying anything. Then straight into the trash!" The shirts were an impulse purchase. As in she bought herself a couple new outfits and felt an impulse to buy me coordinating shirts. She was waiting to find out what my inseam was before buying pants. 😶 Apparently I am now an accessory that has to coordinate with her.

The lady finally zombie crawled her way out of the bedroom. She sat down on the sofa, covered up with a white fluffy blanket, looked right at me and said "Don't let me do that again anytime soon". I fetched her some coffee and a donut which she actually consumed, so she couldn't be that hungover. I told her about the party I went to after getting her into bed and she said it was an apartment staff party. She also pointed out the number on my arm was likely a passcode to one of the storage units, the security office or a custodial closet. So that's interesting.

I took the opportunity to ask about my undies and she said "The worn out ones with the holes in them!? They are in a sack on the floor of the closet. I would never have thrown anything of yours away without asking... unless a month or so went by without you saying anything. Then straight into the trash!" The shirts were an impulse purchase. As in she bought herself a couple new outfits and felt an impulse to buy me coordinating shirts. She was waiting to find out what my inseam was before buying pants. 😶 Apparently I am now an accessory that has to coordinate with her.
Interesting!!

My lady is leaving me for a number of days next week. The assistant called and I guess the lady's father is in the hospital and most likely will never be going home. Instead when he is able the hospital wants to move him in to an assisted living facility. He fell and broke his hip Friday and it turns out he also has stage 3 liver disease. Something no one outside of his medical team, personal assistant and he knew until last night but has been ongoing and worsening for some time. So the lady and her sister are going to help facilitate some changes and find a place for him. Needless to say it's a sort of a mess and the logistics are going to be crazy to work out. She did end up talking to her father who was not a happy camper as he dries out and had to be talked into letting the two ladies come and assist, but did not want "the baseball player or the veteran" to come with. So I will just remain in place with the girl and provide remote support however I am able. The lady is not really sad, not that I can tell, but she is very frustrated and borderline angry.

My lady is leaving me for a number of days next week. The assistant called and I guess the lady's father is in the hospital and most likely will never be going home. Instead when he is able the hospital wants to move him in to an assisted living facility. He fell and broke his hip Friday and it turns out he also has stage 3 liver disease. Something no one outside of his medical team, personal assistant and he knew until last night but has been ongoing and worsening for some time. So the lady and her sister are going to help facilitate some changes and find a place for him. Needless to say it's a sort of a mess and the logistics are going to be crazy to work out. She did end up talking to her father who was not a happy camper as he dries out and had to be talked into letting the two ladies come and assist, but did not want "the baseball player or the veteran" to come with. So I will just remain in place with the girl and provide remote support however I am able. The lady is not really sad, not that I can tell, but she is very frustrated and borderline angry.
Was he somewhat yellow when you met him?

I knew a guy who drank a lot. He was a dog park regular. Someone told me that he was really not well. I was going to a different dog park for a while and then when I saw him, he was so yellow! That's what happens when the liver stop functioning like it is supposed to. He died shortly after that, and we just passed the third anniversary of his death.

Was he somewhat yellow when you met him?

He actually looked kind of tan, but I thought at the time he just had a darker complexion or was sun dried by time. Maybe he used some of that sun tan cream to cover up the yellow?

Prayers going up for all involved. Sad and hard situation for the lady to deal with

Thank you. I agree about the hard part, sad might come later. Right now she sees all this as the natural consequences of many poor choices, a mess her and her sister didn't make but have to clean up. I have heard both of them talk about how they expect him to drink himself to death sooner rather than later and it seems it is going to happen sooner.

Latest posts

Back