This or That - A forum game

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Beach or the Mountains?
If it's a packed beach, I'll take the mountains. If it's an empty warm beach, I'll take the beach.

Ocracoke Island, NC springs to mind as an example of an amazing beach that is usually pretty quiet. That would be my choice.

Here's my idea of a beach. Not another person in sight, and mountains right down to the water.
20240916_104400.jpg

@Bacpacker and @bkt have you guys been seeing the houses on the Outer Banks collapsing into the ocean? Prime location. Knuckle heads.
Not recently - we haven't been down there in years, unfortunately. But I've seen it happen. The locals have homes on the sound side. The huge rental houses are built on the ocean and occasionally the house and the land it was on disappear. Someone told me that if your house is damaged or destroyed and the land (sand) is still there, insurance will pay out. But if the sand gets washed away, too, then your property is simply gone and insurance won't pay anything.

Latest posts

Back