This or That - A forum game

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ambidextrous, but write left, I was an axe man for years, but the joints prefer the splitter now, actually processing system.

Not as much as y'all northerners, but 3-4 + cords a year. There's at least 4 waiting to be split now, but we will let the copperheads play in it a while longer!😉

Do me (all of us) a favor, and wear gaiters next time you go out to the wood pile.

No snake here, but I think I might go through 12 or so cords, I am going to keep track this heating season out of curiosity

I do!! When I got bit I was getting Buddy a treat out of the feed shed!

You can never be too careful. Closest I ever came was hiking in the mountains back in college. There were about 8 of us walking single file. The guy in front of me stepped over it; I stepped over it; and the guy behind me jumped back eyes as big as saucers and he yelled WHOA!!. A six foot rattlesnake was stretched across trail. It just meandered across the trail the rest of the way. Never coiled. Never rattled. We all breathed a sigh of relief.

To keep the thread on track....... would you rather live with snakes or bears??

Definitely bears. I would like to think I could see them coming, and I wouldn't worry about stepping on one or having it hide in the corner.

We have both snakes and bears and manage just fine. We did have a dog bit by a rattlesnake a few years ago and never had a problem with a bear, so I'd have to say bears.

Latest posts

Back