Today, Saturday I just bought a couple grand worth of Silver

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I check it every day. And silver is over $30. I think gold is way too high to buy right now. It's a good thing that we all bought our gold $2000 ago.
Even at $30 I might still buy some silver.
Yup

I am considering taking the gold profit and increasing our silver holdings.

Ben

Yup

I am considering taking the gold profit and increasing our silver holdings.

Ben
That's not a bad strategy. I used to watch the gold/silver ratio and base my buying decisions on that. It's still a good way to go.
Check out platinum too. It's under $1,000. Historically platinum has always been way higher than gold.

I noticed.

It is in record territory.

Ben
I'd bet all of the gold-coin sellers are scrambling about now, changing the prices on all of their TV commercials and online ads! 🤣
What is the current value of a one ounce Gold American Eagle coin? The current ask purchase price for a one ounce American Gold Eagle is: $2,637.20 and the current Monex bid selling price for one ounce Gold Eagle coin is: $2,546.40.

Last edited:
🤣 🤣🤣
1 Oz American Gold Eagle

Buy Price: Best Price: $ 2,637.26. Gold Eagle Coins for Sale. A 1 oz American gold eagle coin is a gold bullion coin produced by the U.S. Mint. The Gold ...
$2,637.26 to $2,652.10 · 60-day returns · In stock

...Umm, make that $2,719.03 ;)

Like I've said before I'm gun shy about buying minerals because of a loss before. Having said that I believe that there's a case to be made for buying gold to "balance" possible stock drops. As for the economy going down there's probably a good case to be made for having silver. I'm not committed to believe either of those situations are close BUT my wife wanted to buy silver. So we bought more of it about a week ago & I assume that we will buy some every month in the future. Good or bad thing to do, only time will tell.

Latest posts

Back