Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WEATHER for PHYSICAL EXERTION (WORK or RECREATION)

1725101195921.png

Something good to say. When I went to bed at 9pm we had 2 fronts coming in, one from the NE & the other from the SW. I didn't expect much because for some reason they generally divide & go around us. So I got up at 3:15, turned on the coffee & my computer & flipped on the back door light. WOW! It was raining HARD, as in one of the top 3 downpours that I've seen here. Water was within 5 inches of my back door, 5 inches away, not down 5 inches. I'm sure glad that I dug that runoff trench or I would have been standing in water inside. The rain kept coming down for another 20 minutes & our runoff area was underwater. What a great way to start the day!

@Pearl my area had a heavy downpour yesterday for awhile. It was nice. I thought oooh, go home, get comfy, make some soup. No! It was still like a freakin' sauna, so fugget about it!
Friday night south of you I was in town and had some good rain there too.
We had a good but short lived rain about 7:30 last night! Looks like most of the precip will stay west again today!

Our wind is predominantly from the west. Today it’s from the east and south. Hubby just went out a few minutes ago and said it’s raining a few drops but the wind is blowing so hard it’s probably landing in Canada. Lightening and thunder- hope we get some rain to go with it. Supposed to be 90s and 100 this week. Not cool 😎!
IMG_7514.jpeg

Our wind is predominantly from the west. Today it’s from the east and south. Hubby just went out a few minutes ago and said it’s raining a few drops but the wind is blowing so hard it’s probably landing in Canada. Lightening and thunder- hope we get some rain to go with it. Supposed to be 90s and 100 this week. Not cool 😎!
View attachment 161301
Glad I don't live up there in that heat, lol!

Upper 70's here today, rain!! We need it , but it's hard to believe it's September 3rd!!
Hard to believe the Sun isn't up yet...?!? 🤣

This is like the Twighlight zone. We had a good hard rain yesterday & then it sprinkled all night (I guess) & it's still raining. Not only that but it looks (from the doppler radar) that we could have rain all day today. We live in a desert. Yesterday my water barrels got full. All day today they are running over. I had to shut off the "drain barrel" (that the others fill up from) & start draining both of them (front & back) so that if it rains hard I will have some emptiness to take some of the water. I don't want water to come into the house.

The good news is that my grass is coming back.
The bad news is the weeks (the type with stickers) are also coming back.
Other bad news. My neighbor more or less drains a lot of his excess water into part of my yard (it's a low spot). Well it's not going to hold much more plus I'm draining a barrel there. I have no idea where that water is going to go.

This is like the Twighlight zone. We had a good hard rain yesterday & then it sprinkled all night (I guess) & it's still raining. Not only that but it looks (from the doppler radar) that we could have rain all day today. We live in a desert. Yesterday my water barrels got full. All day today they are running over. I had to shut off the "drain barrel" (that the others fill up from) & start draining both of them (front & back) so that if it rains hard I will have some emptiness to take some of the water. I don't want water to come into the house.

The good news is that my grass is coming back.
The bad news is the weeks (the type with stickers) are also coming back.
Other bad news. My neighbor more or less drains a lot of his excess water into part of my yard (it's a low spot). Well it's not going to hold much more plus I'm draining a barrel there. I have no idea where that water is going to go.
Y'all have really been getting it out that way! Glad you decided to send some this way!!

Back