What are you drinking?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Water this morning after the second coffee It is 86f and high humidity. Gotta do the fluids.

We have a ton of Corvie hydrate Sonny was a distributor for a long time.
Got some Sour Apple...?!? Make Certain 2 give the Mrs. some just b4 bedtime... 🤣

Old Style beer. Go figure…
Hmmmmmm, I Remember it Well :

1717869780264.png
closest store 2 me is 66.0 miles away so I don't get any anymore...!!! It is a Good Smooth Brew...!!

Bushmills used to be my drink of choice. Dont think I ever tried the black label.
Today so far just water. Give my stomach a break

The black label is 10 year old. Really smooth.

I was given a bottle of Slane Irish Whiskey (triple cask aged) and it's OK. Maybe a fourth aging would have made it a little better.

It smells pretty good, but it isn't terribly smooth. I'll save the rest for others.

I was over at a friend's house, shooting pool in his basement, and opened the fridge to get a beer, and what did I see?...

M-1174398_0cRLPLnYmUMQrzbR.jpg

It was good! 🍻

I can't begin to tell you what a shock it was to see that bottle. Stag used to be a St Louis brand. It was owned by Griesedieck Brothers (pronounced greasy dick) and brewed in Belleville IL. They produced beer under their own name as well as Stag and Falstaff. It was always notoriously horrible, and notoriously cheap.

Now I believe they are owned by Pabst and brewed in San Antonio. Pabst must have improved the brand considerably.

Last edited:
I can't begin to tell you what a shock it was to see that bottle. Stag used to be a St Louis brand. It was owned by Griesedieck Brothers (pronounced greasy dick) and brewed in Belleville IL. They produced beer under their own name as well as Stag and Falstaff. It was always notoriously horrible, and notoriously cheap.

Now I believe they are owned by Pabst and brewed in San Antonio. Pabst must have improved the brand considerably.
Since you remember Falstaff … you should remember Huber ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Huber_Brewing_Company

I knew them both as ‘campfire’ beers. My parents bought them for drinking around a campfire… me a friend took care of the leftovers. My parents were cool about that, I mean since we didn’t get into any trouble

Black tea.

Back