What are you drinking?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to pick up some 7up Zero today and they had a new flavor "7up Shirly Temple". But the can said it was 7up mixed with pomegranate and cherry flavoring. What the expletive!? Maybe I am missing something but a shirl temple is 7up, ginger ale, grenadine and cherries. No disgusting pomegranate crap.

7up.png

I went to pick up some 7up Zero today and they had a new flavor "7up Shirly Temple". But the can said it was 7up mixed with pomegranate and cherry flavoring. What the expletive!? Maybe I am missing something but a shirl temple is 7up, ginger ale, grenadine and cherries. No disgusting pomegranate crap.

View attachment 164414
Sounds good to me. I'll have to look for some next time we go shopping.

Grenadine was originally made from pomegranate. So, I assume that is where 7up got the idea for pomegranate flavoring.

My wife serves pomegranate as a fruit sometimes at dinners. I'd never had it until marrying her. I think it's pretty good. She cleans out all the pulp, leaving only the juicy seeds thingies...which I just looked up, and are apparently called "arils." Looks like this when served:
how-to-cut-a-pomegranate-recipe.jpg

Reactions: Neb

Latest posts

Back