What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really had to finish the liver
I ate it with peas - mint jelly - black olives
1718321223007.jpeg

a mix of cucumbers, onions, tomatoes that a young adult threw together for our sustenance. I, like @Peanut and @winds-of-change am usually not full of energy to cook or prep when I get home. I wasn't that hungry anyway!
Oh yummy!!! Have u tried borage flowers in that with some oil/vinegar? Makin my mouth water!!! Oooooo and some garlic chives 🥰

For the most part I only saw chicken livers growing up. I didn't really care for them. Still not fond of any liver. Ate cow tongue in france once, was pretty good. But tongue and escargot is about as far as i'll knowingly go. Spent time in the middle east and have eaten many thing without knowing what it was. Pretty sure there was no liver, can taste that no matter the language its served in!!! 🤣

Last edited:
I have two extra thick chuck eye steaks dry brining with salt and pepper in the fridge. Soon they will embrace the heat of lump charcoal and post oak. I am going to make a garden salad, ball up some musk melon and heat up some buttermilk biscuits to go with em. Juanito's pineapple soda is currently on ice.

Back