What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was my dinner

Communist noodles 🤣 but I did put a bit of Maple syrup in it
3 eggrolls with spicy plum sauce
Mini salad with sweet onion dressing

Got a very hot black tea to wash it down

SAM_1418.JPG

Last edited:
Did you ever go look for onions a be kind of pi$$ed that ther is only one left, grumble about people eating all the onions, and then realize you are the only one who lives here ??
sausage and 1 onion

I’ll probably od on sugar by the weekend. I go weeks, even months without eating sweets, pie or cake etc. Been thinking about apple pie for a couple weeks. Knew I had one in the freezer, baked it monday.

Yesterday when I took dad to the big town we passed a publix. Stopped for a loaf of italian bread, saw the browies with fudge icing in the bakery. Oh crap! Haven’t had brownies in a year or two. Thought I’d give most of the apple pie to the folks. Then today someone made me a pecan pie, one for the folks too! 🤣

20240801_fd pie356a.jpg
20240801_fd pie417a.jpg

what are linguica sandwiches, pray tell, my little butterfly?
Linguica is a Portuguese sausage. For store bought, Silva's is about the best and most widely known. I had taken it out to add to a pot of beans but after looking at the weather, a hot bowl of beans didn't sound as appetizing as a cold sandwich.

PS if you see linguica as a pizza topping skip it 😝 Gross imitation stuff.

Was my dinner

Communist noodles 🤣 but I did put a bit of Maple syrup in it
3 eggrolls with spicy plum sauce
Mini salad with sweet onion dressing

Got a very hot black tea to wash it down

View attachment 158726
communist noodles...i laughed out loud for real on that one !!

Tonight I grilled up a German sausage I got from a new to the area butcher shop. Covered it with some kraut and stone ground mustard. Also had some baby carrots, red bell pepper strips, radishes and apple slices. Consumed an icy root beer as I munched.

I made this minus the pork belly ( didn't have any) and used a ham bone in the beans. It was REALLY good! I don't like corn all that much but this fried corn was awesome. We all liked it, even son's friend. I have to make this more often.

My folks like fried corn.

I made steaks and corn but we had guys on site and yesterday they skipped lunch to try to get the work done so today we kidnapped the other fella and I picked up pizza and took them on site so they would stop and eat.
(Wow! I did that all in one sentence and I’m not even a lawyer) 😂

Back