What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love a good chicken pot pie. I just make my pie crust recipe. Flour, Crisco, salt, a splash of oil and milk.
I had to throw dinner together quickly this morning because my assistant called in sick. Meant I had to work till 6:30, and husband and grandson needed to eat by 6 to go to Boy Scouts. So I threw frozen stew meat, beef broth, seasoning, and dehydrated mixed veggies in the crockpot. Had a loaf of French bread, and made a salad. So they had food and I just finished mine.

Cake and ice cream. I know, I know but I have the house to myself tonight!

Go for it!!! :thumbs:

Today I plan on making lasagna and garlic bread

Monday boneless porkchops were on sale at the market. This morning I browned a couple chops in a cast iron skillet. I cut up a whole sweet onion and tossed both in the crock pot. I added half a can of cream of celery soup and a whole can of cream of mushroom soup. I had half a package of shiitake mushrooms that needed to be used so I chopped up those and tossed them in the crock.

Can't wait to find out how this turns out. I plan to make some rice in a while to be smothered by the chops.

Tossed couple of frozen chicken breast in crockpot.
Along with carrot, celery leaves and all, onion to make up broth.
Seasonings were salt, pepper, bay leaf crunched, red pepper flakes.
Later skimmed off blood and fat, made noodles.
Will be making mashed garlic, parsley potatoes to go with chicken and noodles.
Yummy!

Mushroom chops over rice again tonight. Just as yummy 2nd time around. I made some garlic toast to go with!

chops_v1.jpg

Hey NannyPatty!! We had chicken and dumplings tonight, too!!

For desert/treat, a concoction my wife made: saltines, brown sugar, butter...cook to make a toffee...then spread chocolate on top. She likes to spread the chocolate on thick; I like a little dollup on a toffee cracker
That kinda sounds like Christmas crack. Yum!

I thawed out the rotisserie chicken carcass yesterday and I have it in the crockpot right now.
I'm making some good old chicken soup for this snowy cold day.
I'm making enough broth to save some back for another day's meal

Latest posts

Back