What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cooked Lina beans and shrimp with rice. Made shrimp stock from the fresh shrimp heads. Put 2 pints of xtra stock in the freezer for future.

Attachments

• 20240915_131044.jpg
    20240915_131044.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
I was thinking about something chicken based. Probably with peppers and tomatoes. Likely some rice also. Still formulating a plan while eating leftover beans. Mayocoba beans with a smoked ham hock, peppers, celery, onions, carrots, and some tomato paste. I thought there might be enough for dinner tonight but my refrigerator was ambushed and they disappeared. I may or may not have been part of the ambush.
IMG_3651.jpeg

3-4, depends on the size and thickness. I prefer a bone in thick chop.

I also make a glaze/sauce from time to time that is actually in my BBQ journal:

1 cup BBQ Sauce - I use Sweet Baby Rays
1 cup Brown Sugar
½ cup Pineapple Juice
¼ cup Tennessee Whiskey
2 Tablespoons Minced Onion
3–4 Cloves Minced Garlic
1 Tablespoon Butter

In a small pot melt butter and sauté onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add brown sugar and pineapple juice and bring to a slight boil. Add whiskey and cook at a low boil for 4-5 minutes to evaporate the alcohol. Add vinegar sauce and continue to cook until mixture reduces about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
Thanks Marsh!

BTW, I only use Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce!!!

Last edited:
3-4, depends on the size and thickness. I prefer a bone in thick chop.

I also make a glaze/sauce from time to time that is actually in my BBQ journal:

1 cup BBQ Sauce - I use Sweet Baby Rays
1 cup Brown Sugar
½ cup Pineapple Juice
¼ cup Tennessee Whiskey
2 Tablespoons Minced Onion
3–4 Cloves Minced Garlic
1 Tablespoon Butter

In a small pot melt butter and sauté onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add brown sugar and pineapple juice and bring to a slight boil. Add whiskey and cook at a low boil for 4-5 minutes to evaporate the alcohol. Add vinegar sauce and continue to cook until mixture reduces about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
I didn't see vinegar on the ingredient list??

I am going to fry a little bacon, added some whipped eggs, throw on a slice of cheese, toast some bread and make a breakfast sandwich for dinner. I have other options but they all require wrapping something frozen in a paper towel and microwaving it.

Back