What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had that for lunch yesterday. But I threw in a few chicken strips. As if more fried stuff would make things healthier (but they did give it more variety!)

Cravings and ease-of-preparation sometimes win out over common sense. Of course, we probably have people here who make their own (healthy) tater tots. But I'm not one of those people.
Sometimes tater tots are important!!

Taco salad with iceberg lettuce, romaine lettuce, pinto beans, shredded cheddar, halved cherry tomatoes, ripe avocado, sliced black olives, green onion, crushed Dorito chips, a drizzle of hot sauce and a drizzle of reduced sugar Western / Catalina dressing. More sliced apples for dessert and it looks like 7up Zero is on deck.

Onion rings! But I cheated and bought frozen onion rings and zesty horseradish sauce. The lady has a double convection oven that makes stuff as crispy as a deep fryer if you mist it with avocado oil first. I suppose they are really just huge air fryers, or air fryers are just tiny convection ovens.
Yes, air fryers are smaller versions of convection ovens. I have been wanting to replace my electric stove with an oven with a gas stove with an oven that has convection possibilities. That really increases the price on stoves to have that option.

I am attempting to make homemade chicken noo noo (noodle) soup with a store bought chicken. Yuck! I guess I am spoiled.

I simmered the chicken with veggies for stock yesterday. The meat was mush when I picked the bones today and it practically dissolved when put back in the stock. Insipid flavour.

Free range yard bird beats the heck out of store bought mushy, tasteless chicken.

Anyways, chicken noo noo soup and corn bread tonight.
I so agree. So many in my family cannot stand to eat chicken. We grew up on home grown chickens. When my uncle was eating lunch at the senior center, he would skip the days when they served chicken. And leftover turkey is hard for many of us, too.

Made a chicken dinner last night with extra veg for tomorrow nights dinner
I fancy a 80's flashback tonight. fish finger burgers, with a fried egg :D

Latest posts

Back