What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have small feet.
Size 4.5, size 5.
The Army had my jump boots, combat boots specially made for me.
I usually buy my shoes in the kids department.
Sometimes I can find something in Ladies shoe department.
I taught with a woman who wore a size 10 in men's shoes! She couldn't find anything in women's to fit. So she couldn't wear anything feminine, and especially not heels.

Had 2 Dr appointments today. 2nd was my annual physical. Filled my Dr in on all my updates over the past 2 months. he was happy with progress.
1st one was with a cardiologist from St. Thomas hospital in Nashville. My local cardiologist set me up with him right after I got out of the hospital. We didn't know about the stuff at Vandy at that time. Filled him in on what's went on since back then. He said that he thought I was on the right medicine therapy at this time. And due to already being set up with the folks at Vandy, he didn't think I needed him since what he would do was already being covered very well. Told me to call him anytime if I needed him. He said it wasn't right for me to have too many Dr's with their fingers in it. He also informed me he felt like I may end up recovering back to normal function, or close to it. That made my day.

Had 2 Dr appointments today. 2nd was my annual physical. Filled my Dr in on all my updates over the past 2 months. he was happy with progress.
1st one was with a cardiologist from St. Thomas hospital in Nashville. My local cardiologist set me up with him right after I got out of the hospital. We didn't know about the stuff at Vandy at that time. Filled him in on what's went on since back then. He said that he thought I was on the right medicine therapy at this time. And due to already being set up with the folks at Vandy, he didn't think I needed him since what he would do was already being covered very well. Told me to call him anytime if I needed him. He said it wasn't right for me to have too many Dr's with their fingers in it. He also informed me he felt like I may end up recovering back to normal function, or close to it. That made my day.
WOW, listen to him!! He is sure on your side!! Such good news!! Thank you!!

Why is it women ...manage... mens stuff when they get into there ..nesting mood.. and not big bunch of ...shoes, purses, scarves... you name it on there 9/10 of the closet ?? Why is there never money for a fishing reel that will last for years, but the toilet gets matching rug, tank top, seat carpet 5-6 times a year ?? Why isn't there a medication for this ??

Don't get me started...
Um you haven’t been to our house. It’s sorta the other way around and another new reel is on the list 😎

The last three days have been a series of interruptions. Can’t finish one thought or task before someone or something else chimes in and demands attention. Makes me want to drop my phone down a well 😉.
Did make quiche so we have something for lunch tomorrow. Hubby had to sample it to make sure it will work - heehee.
Hoping to stay home tomorrow.

Did next to nothing all day but rest. Cleaned up my guitar and put on new strings this morning. Planned out my trip to the mtn for music, got clothes ready. Went out this afternoon and took water to the calf. Decided to rehang this annoying gate for the third time in a month. I can hang it perfectly, getting it to stay that way is another matter. It’s been run over or knocked off the hinges several times in the last few years. It looks even worse from the other side. The hinge clamp is supposed to fit a round pipe. The pipe is every shape but round so the clamp keeps slipping to one side or the other.

View attachment 165629
Turn bottom hinge up and top hinge down

Turn bottom hinge up and top hinge down
Doesn't help 🤣. This is the only way it'll even connect. Turning the bottom hinge up and I have to connect the clamp above the 3rd rail in the gate which lowers the gate and puts the bottom corner into the dirt. The upper clamp is already at the start of the bend in the pipe so I can't lower the gate anymore.

One solution is to redrill and set the pins in new locations so both clamps are around good pipe. That also put the bottom pin near the middle of the gate. 🤣

Or replace the darn gate with a new one!!!! It's one messed up gate! The other end of the gate is in even worse shape. This is the good end! 🤣

edit to add, there are 5 other gates that have to be rebuilt and/or replaced before this one. It's a low priority... but it's on the list.

20230610_142954a.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't help 🤣. This is the only way it'll even connect. Turning the bottom hinge up and I have to connect the clamp above the 3rd rail in the gate which lowers the gate and puts the bottom corner into the dirt. The upper clamp is already at the start of the bend in the pipe so I can't lower the gate anymore.

One solution is to redrill and set the pins in new locations so both clamps are around good pipe. That also put the bottom pin near the middle of the gate. 🤣

Or replace the darn gate with a new one!!!! It's one messed up gate! The other end of the gate is in even worse shape. This is the good end! 🤣

edit to add, there are 5 other gates that have to be rebuilt and/or replaced before this one. It's a low priority... but it's on the list.

View attachment 165639
Can you turn the gate end for end and have a good end post to work with ??

Latest posts

Back