What Was Your Favorite Toy as a Kid?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had cowboy guns when I was young. We always wanted to play cowboys and Indians, but nobody wanted to be an Indian. Everyone wanted to be Roy Rogers or the Lone Ranger.

That evolved into a Daisy BB gun, but you never went anywhere without riding your bike with your baseball glove on the handle bars. We were always looking for a baseball game.

I had cowboy guns when I was young. We always wanted to play cowboys and Indians, but nobody wanted to be an Indian. Everyone wanted to be Roy Rogers or the Lone Ranger.

That evolved into a Daisy BB gun, but you never went anywhere without riding your bike with your baseball glove on the handle bars. We were always looking for a baseball game.
I did the same things. Were you cowboy guns cap guns? Mine were. Yes, Daisy BB guns were a very popular thing in the 1950s. The city didn't like them because they were CONSTANTLY changing the busted street lights....but it wasn't me! Honest! <GRIP>

Were you cowboy guns cap guns?

Absolutely!! When we couldn't shoot them off in a gun we would hit them with a rock or a hammer on the sidewalk.

Last edited:
I played with those too. Did you ever tie some paper or rags to the front of an arrow, lit them on fire and shoot it into a field to lite a fire? That was fun?
Me and a buddy would play chicken with our bows. We'd stand about 100 feet apart and shoot the arrow straight up in the air and see how close we could get the other one. We'd flip a coin to see who would stand with the sun in our eyes, making it hard to see the arrow. I guess it was our version of lawn darts.

Latest posts

Back