What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much needed coffee not quite Army strong but pretty dang close.
Cleaning the house, it needs a good cleaning.
Even though I had a willing 7 year old helper yesterday.
I think my house is in worse shape than before.
Dishes, cleaning off the table, cooking, laundry.
Someone on here had a Squash soup recipe and now I can't find it.
Can you repost in recipes so I can find it again.
Maybe Hooch or Snappy?
I just bought a butternut yesterday..now I have to find the receipe..
I think snappy had one too tho

Got back at just after midnight after making a quick 1000 mile round trip to washington state (ot here in the west the distances get kinda big), We sold the small family property after my sister decided she couldn't take care of it any more. I made the trip to go get the old cider press that my dad bought in the midwest when he was doing antique sales. It was old then and now it is well over 100 years old and has been repaired and the wood parts rebuilt but will still turn out gallons of apple juice.
Now to scrounge up any and all apples in the area and get to squeezing....I also need to find someone who knows apple jack.
I noticed the apples are falling off the trees here already but we haven't had a freeze yet..so they are bitter still..

Final result: the Payday bars turned out pretty well. They came out softer than I expected, so a little messy to be finger food. The taste is pretty darn close to a Payday bar. I would definitely make them again.

Copycat PAYDAY Candy Bars, A Sweet Treat (youtube.com)

Don't worry. Pearl. I did KP duty and made breakfast for my wife before I started playing. Honest.

Could you post them in recipes?
So everyone can find them.
Please and thank you.

I would be happy to. Can you send me a link, so I know I am posting in the right one? When I do a search there are several choices.

I noticed the apples are falling off the trees here already but we haven't had a freeze yet..so they are bitter still..
my little mini apples are soft this year, nice bright red skins, but over ripe I guess

Jake and I got up and went into town to get a quart of enamel paint and some thinner. We wanted to paint his truck frame. He had ordered a set of rocker guards that would cover up some rust below the doors on his truck. We sprayed the truck frame and installed the rocker guards.
Jake has been working on a briar wood pipe for his grandpas birthday so when we finished the truck he worked on it for awhile before going to the airport for a flight lesson.
Alexandra had a listing appointment on a very nice home and property that went really well and she will be putting it on the market next week.

IMG_5192.jpeg
IMG_5191.jpeg
IMG_5190.jpeg
IMG_5189.jpeg
IMG_5193.jpeg

Latest posts

Back