What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course I've been to NC. My ancestors are from that part of the country. Floods happen, some every year, some on a 100 - 500 year cycle. Yes, it's impossible to predict these big floods, but everyone knows they will happen, just a matter of time. Same with our big fires out here, fires happen every year, and some are massive. They hit different areas at different times. When they burn through a person's property and destroy everything they own, it's no less devastating than a flood. A few years ago I lost a large chunk of timber land to fire.
The problem is there IS no safe area in the US. NOt really. You will either have hurricanes, tornadoes , floods, wildfires, blizzards, or earthquakes or several of them. And if none of those get you, an asteroid might fall on your head!
Even in my area of Germany they had such a flood a few years ago , something that has never happened in anyone's memory . The weather pattern is changing ( NOT caused by global warming , but most likely the natural way the earth axis rotates ) . I just saw something on the sahara dessert had a bunch of rain and is now green in some areas. The climate does not stay the same ( or there would not have been ice times)

Finally ate something and crashed about 11. Got up at 1pm to start my day over again. Felt a little better so I went to the big town. Dropped off a lb of turmeric I got for a friend. Made a purchase or two then came home.

All my wayward orders arrived today, especially the transfer pump. Be a few days before I can test it but it seems okay, no shipping damage. It’s an electric water transfer pump. I’ve an ibc tote by the corral I’ll need to fill occasionally this winter. I’ve been having trouble with non-ethanol gas, keep getting bad fuel. My gas powered pumps are a pain to start in winter even with good fuel. An electric pump bypasses these issues.

Bought a shirt I really like at the Ag supply store yesterday, farm grade. Wore it today, might get another on my next trip to town. Made in India instead of china. Like most things these days getting good work clothes has become an issue. And the carhart store has ridiculous prices since it became more of a fashion statement.

Picked up dinner on the way home… gonna eat in a bit, might watch a ball game tonight.

Finally ate something and crashed about 11. Got up at 1pm to start my day over again. Felt a little better so I went to the big town. Dropped off a lb of turmeric I got for a friend. Made a purchase or two then came home.

All my wayward orders arrived today, especially the transfer pump. Be a few days before I can test it but it seems okay, no shipping damage. It’s an electric water transfer pump. I’ve an ibc tote by the corral I’ll need to fill occasionally this winter. I’ve been having trouble with non-ethanol gas, keep getting bad fuel. My gas powered pumps are a pain to start in winter even with good fuel. An electric pump bypasses these issues.

Bought a shirt I really like at the Ag supply store yesterday, farm grade. Wore it today, might get another on my next trip to town. Made in India instead of china. Like most things these days getting good work clothes has become an issue. And the carhart store has ridiculous prices since it became more of a fashion statement.

Picked up dinner on the way home… gonna eat in a bit, might watch a ball game tonight.
Glad the pump arrived.
What kinda shirt did you get? What store? I have a hell of a time finding shirts that fit, and last any length of time

Had to go to work for a while today. back home for a Teams meeting. Got a call from the Dr at Vandy, set me up for a heart chat Wednesday Morning. Depending on how that goes I may get some stents put in. I'm hoping so to get more improvement. I also got a call from the Dr I saw yesterday, she said blood work looked good. Big improvement from when I was in the hospital.

Glad the pump arrived.
What kinda shirt did you get? What store? I have a hell of a time finding shirts that fit, and last any length of time

It's a plain brown work shirt, lg sleeve, big pocket, medium thickness. Got it at Ag Services, a small area chain, only 5 or 6 stores, none in TN that I know of. The brand on the shirt is Habit. There were only 2 colors at the store, brown and grey.

20241004_192054a.jpg

Latest posts

Back